PDA

View Full Version : How do i install the driver for the "F5U503-APL" Belkin firewire card?

Monkeee
03-15-2005, 08:26 AM
well i just got the F5U503-APL Belkin firewire card for my computer but Windows XP doesen't recognize it. i dont think the driver for this exist.... it said that Windows XP should already have this driver installed with windows xp... does anyone know if i could download all the drivers that came with windows xp? or if they know where i can get the F5U503-APL driver. :cool2:

AndrewBarker
03-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Go to "Windows Update" site, and any missing drivers should be automatically listed under "optional hardware updates"

Monkeee
03-16-2005, 04:26 AM
i did all the updates and it still didn't work!

fkdup74
03-16-2005, 04:34 AM
wierd, because i have a belkin firewire card and it works fine...
on both computers it installed w/o a hitch :huh:
have you f00ked about with windows services or anything?
or had any really bad viruses or anything to that effect?

AndrewBarker
03-16-2005, 04:36 AM
Does it show up in your Device Manager, it will be the one with a yellow "?" by the side of it.

Double click it, then click driver and see if you can automatically install it from there {you may have tried this already)

peat moss
03-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Does it show up in your Device Manager, it will be the one with a yellow "?" by the side of it.

Double click it, then click driver and see if you can automatically install it from there {you may have tried this already)

Or mable he could unistall the device from device manager , reboot, then let windows find it and install drivers ?

Another way is to try hardware wizard from inside control panel . :)

Or try swaping PCI slot . I had this problem or one like it this morning while trying to install a usb pci card on an old work computer.

Monkeee
03-16-2005, 06:59 AM
damn i changed and the PCI slot and that didn't work..... damnit i cant update my iPod!!! It said it cannot find the proper software.... dont get it...it worked on my old comp but not on my NEW!

fkdup74
03-16-2005, 01:00 PM
dude...humor me.....
see if Plug and Play is enabled in windows services
(Plung and Play, NOT Universal Plug and Play Device Host)
and maybe Shell Hardware Detection
and for your IPod, Portable Media Serial Number Service
it only takes a few seconds to check em
right click My Computer...select manage.....
expand services and applications....select services...do some scrolling....

-edit-
and if those services check out....
go into the BIOS and see if the BIOS is set for a plug n play OS
maybe try re-seating the card in its slot, making sure its all the way in

peat moss
03-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Do you have a manual ?

http://www.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F5U503&lang=1&mode=