PDA

View Full Version : IE Uninstallation

LilAznAccommodator
03-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Hmm I was wondering.. Say for example if I use an Alternative Browser aside from the Traditional Internet Explorer… Is it safe to Uninstall IE? Or would that cause system errors?

harrycary
03-17-2005, 12:06 AM
IE cannot be uninstalled as it is tied to the Windows O/S.

Rip The Jacker
03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
IE can be uninstalled, but it will require a bit of work. I'm not sure if its a good idea though, some apps depend on IE from what I remember.

You could always just leave it and don't use it.

tesco
03-17-2005, 12:12 AM
You should jsut leave it in, it's the only browser that can show windowsupdate. :(

Formula1
03-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah, its better to leave IE on your system. Most programs and windows of course depends heavily on it, dam microsoft...

clocker
03-17-2005, 01:36 AM
IE can be uninstalled, but it will require a bit of work.
Really?
I have tried at least three different guides and have yet to successfully uninstall IE.
Fortunately, I enjoy reinstalling XP....

Guillaume
03-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Funny, I didn't picture you as a whips and cuffs person. :dry:

peat moss
03-17-2005, 01:52 AM
You should jsut leave it in, it's the only browser that can show windowsupdate. :(

Yep leave it alone ,delete the short cut from your desktop if you must and use a different browser . Winupdates are too important. :dry:

Rip The Jacker
03-17-2005, 02:02 AM
Really?
I have tried at least three different guides and have yet to successfully uninstall IE.
Fortunately, I enjoy reinstalling XP....
Really? I've never tried it, but it seems easy, aren't there 3rd party apps that can do the job? :unsure:

zapjb
03-17-2005, 02:45 AM
From what I've read, if one really successfully uninstalls ie on XP. I mean gone, no trace. It'll f up so many programs that depend on it. One being KL.

tesco
03-17-2005, 02:49 AM
From what I've read, if one really successfully uninstalls ie on XP. I mean gone, no trace. It'll f up so many programs that depend on it. One being KL.
ya that's true.
a lot of programs that connect to the itnerent give u the option to use your internet explorer interent settings...what would they do if there was no internet explorer. :ohmy:

and i'm also wondering what would happen if you went into windows explorer then typed in a website name. :huh:

peat moss
03-17-2005, 03:49 AM
I didn't think to ask why does one what that option ? Ask the World court ! :lol:
But one could use XPlite to remove all the extras , if needed. :) Not IE I'm afraid tho.

LilAznAccommodator
03-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Hahah Thanks for all your input... I guess I'll just leave it alone for now... Heh WindowsUpdate hasn't really had any updates for a long time so I was only wondering.