PDA

View Full Version : Spam & P2P

peat moss
03-19-2005, 02:35 AM
I was downloading a helper program to help me "cough " get a working version and lo and behold it was an ad for a cd . Could n't belive it, what took them so long ? :lol: What a perfect opportunity to get your product out to the masses . Sure beats getting a trojan or virus I guess. :dry: So my question how do we combat that ? :D

Izagaia
03-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Ouch! What is crazy-merry-go-round-world coming to?!. :eek:

But hell... think of it in this light. Who is more the "fool"- the P2P user who utilizes these "helper" files and thereby duped by some rogue advertiser? Or the advertiser trying to get the one type of person in this world that is the least likely in actually purchasing that software let alone giving two-shits about what they are trying to sell? :D

If anything at the very least we can say, "it ain't my bandwidth they're clogging up withthat crap".

peat moss
03-19-2005, 04:00 AM
Ouch! What is crazy-merry-go-round-world coming to?!. :eek:

But hell... think of it in this light. Who is more the "fool"- the P2P user who utilizes these "helper" files and thereby duped by some rogue advertiser? Or the advertiser trying to get the one type of person in this world that is the least likely in actually purchasing that software let alone giving two-shits about what they are trying to sell? :D

If anything at the very least we can say, "it ain't my bandwidth they're clogging up withthat crap".

Ya I know call me gullible . :lol: I was looking for some counterspy or something program . But did laff at the irony of it all . ;)