PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with your life?

Samurai
05-03-2005, 06:14 AM
results will be hidden.

i'm not. i don't know, but i think that there's something out there waiting for me but i don't know what it is :cry:

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 06:20 AM
results will be hidden.

i'm not. i don't know, but i think that there's something out there waiting for me but i don't know what it is :cry:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=94724
:mellow: i know how you feel with your hands

Rip The Jacker
05-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Of course not...

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 06:26 AM
Of course not...
youre a mod tho,you have all the power in the world :schnauz:

Rip The Jacker
05-03-2005, 06:28 AM
youre a mod tho,you have all the power in the world :schnauz:
Oh stop it, your flattering me. :schnauz:

Being a mod here in the interweb is cool, but the real world can be really shitty at times. :mellow:

Samurai
05-03-2005, 06:33 AM
Wow ziggy - I missed that post and it's almost word for word what I said :shifty:

Weird

S!X
05-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Not really.

shanu
05-03-2005, 08:04 AM
nah, it could be better

Mr. Mulder
05-03-2005, 09:27 AM
it'll do, for now :shifty:

Barbarossa
05-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Only me voted Yes???? :ohmy:

iamtheoneandonlyone
05-03-2005, 10:14 AM
I don't know...I'm sort of in between I guess. :unsure:

DarthInsinuate
05-03-2005, 11:30 AM
no, but i'm content, which is happy enough :unsure:

manker
05-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Being me rawks.

Everyone should think like that, maybe without the teen slang, but your own is the only head you're ever going to look out of, so make the most of it :01:

MCHeshPants420
05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Yes. My life pwns.:01:

manker
05-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Only me voted Yes???? :ohmy:How can you possibly be happy with grammar like that :mellow:

Busyman
05-03-2005, 01:19 PM
No.

Barbarossa
05-03-2005, 01:19 PM
How can you possibly be happy with grammar like that :mellow:

Ignorance is bliss... :P

manker
05-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Ignorance is bliss... :P:lol: :D

I know what you mean; I was chugging along, quite content with putting a possessive apostrophe on its - when all of a sudden, SnnY corrected me on slsk and my whole world fell apart :cry:

Damn his Swedish soul to the pits of hell!

vidcc
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
I thought about this one because being happy with my life I feel owes an explanation.

I am lucky.

I am lucky because I am married to the most wonderful woman, I know I am lucky to have her and every day I make sure she knows this. I am lucky because I have my wonderful children, they bring sunshine to any cloudy day even though they are not always angels.
I could say that I am unhappy because I am not a multi millionaire, I could say I am not happy that my hair is not as thick and luxurious as it was when I was younger, I could say I am not happy that when I bend down to pick something up I can't do it without making an involuntary groaning sound...... But then those are just luxuries and to quote the cat in the hat...."if the only thing that will make you happy is what you don't have then you will never be happy"

Everything comes down to how one looks at things.

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Everything comes down to how one looks at things.
if i copair myself to asian 3d world country i am very happy,but you would have to be lost on reality to be happy where i am.

vidcc
05-03-2005, 03:02 PM
if i copair myself to asian 3d world country i am very happy,but you would have to be lost on reality to be happy where i am.

I don't know about your situation ziggy, I am sure that there are people with genuine reasons to be unhappy.

The parents of those girls that were violated and murdered spring to mind.

But as you pointed out perspective plays a part. MY 17 year old was happy on Xmas morning when he opened his present to find a new fast and powerful computer, now he is unhappy because he wants even more ram, he is unhappy because the 3 meg Internet connection we gave him isn't fast enough, he is unhappy because he doesn't have the specific $500 graphic card he wants. He is unhappy because he has to read huckleberry finn for his school work, he is unhappy because we make him feed and clean the cat he promised he would look after if we let him have it.

My advice to you ziggy is to look at your life and ask yourself what you could do to make it better....then once you have your goals it's up to you to achieve them. It isn't going to be easy and it comes down to you and nobody else.
For myself I answered the question. I can't say that life has been a bed of roses, there have been times when I have asked why me? there have been times when I have wondered why I should bother continuing..... but I did and I am happy I did.
I hope that one day you will find your happiness :cool:

Barbarossa
05-03-2005, 03:09 PM
You can be happy with your life and still have ambitions and aspirations for the future... ;)

Also, wealth doesn't necessarily bring happiness... :ohmy:

Addendum: I was briefly unhappy just then, because I couldn't get the Gyroball high-score, but this was offset by my happiness on breaking the 3D-Racer high-score... :)

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks.I watched a documentary with the same situation as your 17yold.I guess its about setting a goal and not making it an imposable goal.Lowered expectation is the key to being happy :01:

vidcc
05-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Lowered expectation is the key to being happy :01:
http://www.lowculture.com/archives/brian.jpg

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Its also good to want more.It we dint want more we wouldn't have a lot of things in life.If America did not want more then Russia,they would have never landed on the moon.
@ Jesus - accept it

manker
05-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Ziggy, the moon landing was faked :dry:

http://www.primeline-america.com/moon-ldg/mlh1.jpg

Shadows? Wind?1?!?!

GepperRankins
05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
i wrote a song about why mine sucks at nearly 6am this morning :blink:

now i just gotta get the confidence to perform it :ph34r:

Busyman
05-03-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm not where I want to be.

I'm rather manic about being more and more successful.

I want a bigger house...again
I want a 7-series BMW
I want this, I want that.

I say I'm unhappy 'cause it keeps me on my toes.
I always keep family first but I always keep pushing forward to increase my quality of life.
More suuuuuuure can help.

Ya gotta kick yoself in da ass.

enoughfakefiles
05-03-2005, 07:04 PM
I`m not happy with mine does anyone wanna swap. :lol: :lol:

Dave are you going to do an unplugged set on t`radio show. :lol:

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Ziggy, the moon landing was faked :dry:

The problem with this statement is that it fails to consider reflected sunlight. Next to the Sun, the largest source of light on the Moon is the lunar surface itself, which reflects large amounts of sunlight Also, the Earth is a significant light source. If we factor in size and reflectivity, the Earth casts about 70 times as much light on the Moon as the Moon does on the Earth, and we are all familiar with how bright the Moon can be. These additional light sources provide the observed illumination.

GepperRankins
05-03-2005, 09:41 PM
The problem with this statement is that it fails to consider reflected sunlight. Next to the Sun, the largest source of light on the Moon is the lunar surface itself, which reflects large amounts of sunlight Also, the Earth is a significant light source. If we factor in size and reflectivity, the Earth casts about 70 times as much light on the Moon as the Moon does on the Earth, and we are all familiar with how bright the Moon can be. These additional light sources provide the observed illumination.
what about wind on the flag, in a vacuum

why has no-one been since?
why has no-one seen the landing site?

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 09:50 PM

Do have any idea how much money it takes.and btw japan is gonna return in the year 2020,and america is also in the same year but is only gonna brake there untill they make it to Mars.

At the Earth-Moon distance of 239,000 miles, the smallest object that can be resolved by HST is about 300 feet.No telescope, presently in existence, can see the Apollo hardware from Earth.

saying the moon landings were fake is as crazy and as the nazis saying the halocaust never happened.

enoughfakefiles
05-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Do have any idea how much money it takes.and btw japan is gonna return in the year 2020,and america is also in the same year but is only gonna brake there untill they make it to Mars.

At the Earth-Moon distance of 239,000 miles, the smallest object that can be resolved by HST is about 300 feet.No telescope, presently in existence, can see the Apollo hardware from Earth.

saying the moon landings were fake is as crazy and as the nazis saying the halocaust never happened.

Have look at this an tell us what you think ziggy. :ph34r:

Was it a hoax. (http://batesmotel.8m.com/)

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Have look at this an tell us what you think ziggy. :ph34r:

Was it a hoax. (http://batesmotel.8m.com/)
I'm not a scientist.I'm sure this stuff can be explained but i cant do it.Its always good not to trust stuff on the internet.by 2020 you will be able to see the truth if they land in the same spot,but then you will say they faked that then ay...

vidcc
05-03-2005, 11:16 PM
The landing on the moon was real...how else could they have got those pictures of the London bus and the B52 bomber that are on it????? huh huh...yeah... can't answer that one can you..... :alien:

http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/coats1.gif

MCHeshPants420
05-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Meh, they have been there. This is a picture they didn't want you to see:

http://users2.ev1.net/~robertl25/ps/psimg/905mooninites.jpg

Mooninites rule. :01:

ziggyjuarez
05-03-2005, 11:46 PM
:ohmy:

Barbarossa
05-04-2005, 09:01 AM
It seems to me that it would have been harder to fake the moon landings than to actually go there!!!!

Therefore, they were probably real.. :o

ziggyjuarez
05-04-2005, 09:31 AM
It would be cool if they faked it and had top secret stuff at area 51a :01:

ahctlucabbuS
05-04-2005, 03:26 PM

The flag was made of plastic, and apparently the astronauts "wrinkled" the flag for the added effect. :D

enoughfakefiles
05-04-2005, 07:01 PM
It seems to me that it would have been harder to fake the moon landings than to actually go there!!!!

Therefore, they were probably real.. :o

So startreks real. :lol:

manker
05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
So startreks real. :lol:Are you implying that it might not be :unsure: :cry:

sArA
05-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Back on topic.....

On the whole my life is fine, it has its fair share of ups and downs (feck off manker).

I also think that without the bad things in life, one cannot possibly truly appreciate the good things in life.

However, I would be happier with the usual material extras...more money, bigger house, bigger boobs (natural though not fake footballs) etc. Having said all that, I have a comfortable standard of living, good health, great kids and a bf who seems to genuinely love me.

Can't be greedy I guess, so I will say that I am content on the whole.

ziggyjuarez
05-04-2005, 11:14 PM
So startreks real. :lol:
but that dont look real at all :dry:

maebach
05-11-2005, 02:55 AM
lifes fine, depends how you look at it