PDA

View Full Version : Manhunter (1986)

DarthInsinuate
05-07-2005, 12:27 AM
meh, too lazy to click on Movie World right now

in your opinion is this it worth the effort to try and dig this film up? It's the "prequel" to Silence of the Lambs, it's by Michael Mann, and has William Petersen and some guy named David Seaman in it. Also I've started reading the completely unrelated comic 'Manhunter'.

MCHeshPants420
05-07-2005, 12:58 AM
meh, too lazy to click on Movie World right now

in your opinion is this it worth the effort to try and dig this film up? It's the "prequel" to Silence of the Lambs, it's by Michael Mann, and has William Petersen and some guy named David Seaman in it. Also I've started reading the completely unrelated comic 'Manhunter'.

Yeah, I liked this film. It's worth it just to see Brian Cox portray Hannibal. The guy who plays Francis Dollarhyde is much, much better as well imo.

It's not as visually appealing as Red Dragon but I still think it makes for the superior film.

muchspl3
05-07-2005, 01:53 AM
yea its ok

{I}{K}{E}
05-07-2005, 09:56 AM
It's not a 'real' prequel for Silence of the lambs with Hopkins ;)

The 'real' prequel for that movie is called 'Red Dragon'. they made a remake of that movie because the other 2 movies with Hopkins were a hugh succes.

uNz[i]
05-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Michael Mann? Didn't he make Miami Vice, way back in the '80s?

Peerzy
05-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Think Red Dragon, with less gore but a better movie overall.

Gripper
05-07-2005, 08:38 PM
It is better than red dragon,excellent sinister Hannibal,I think better acting all through