PDA

View Full Version : job core

ziggyjuarez
05-11-2005, 02:59 PM
http://jobcorps.doleta.gov/about.cfm
Has any one been in a similar program?I'm gonna turn 16 soon and I'm thinking about joining because i dont think regular education is helping.Its in Utah :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
05-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Pikachu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

job core would be good for you :cool:

bujub22
05-11-2005, 03:27 PM
ya it's a good program i did it in vermont to help in the certain job feilds that i wanted experience in ..what u goin for??

vidcc
05-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Why don't you think regular education is helping? and what makes you think this would be any better at this stage of your education? You only get out what you put in.

Personally I would finish high school first then if this is one of your options consider it then..... But you need to do the work in high school. You are at the age where educators treat you more as adult than child.... and adults have to look after themselves.
My 17 year old is doing well at school but we have to keep on his case or he would slip. He sees any of his failings as his teachers fault..... he can't see that it is his failing.

I will say that at least you are thinking ahead. You obviously want to succeed but I feel you lack a goal.

School may seem futile, it may seem that you are learning things that are irrelavant...many of them are... but you need to stay focused on the end result and what you are wanting to do with your life. Aim high and realise that although it won't be easy you can achieve your desires. Accept that you can just "make do" and you will stagnate.

You seem to be a vibrant outgoing person from your posts....... you are at the stage in your life where the world is open..... try not to waste it.

I wish you every success on your journey

ziggyjuarez
05-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks vidcc.I'm already sure the normal school program is not working for me no matter how much work i put in.If i want to graduate i think this is my last hope because I'm already so far behind in school that they will not have time to review the past 5 years of school with me.I've already tried explaining to them that its not good teaching me calculus when i dont know multiplication,know what i mean.

ziggyjuarez
05-11-2005, 03:51 PM
ya it's a good program i did it in vermont to help in the certain job feilds that i wanted experience in ..what u goin for??
I dont know at the moment but i think most likely physical work rather then brain power work.How much money allowance do you get at this program?

fkdup74
05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
You only get out what you put in.

yes and no vid
I live in the same area ziggy does
I know what the schools are like here :P

bujub22
05-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I dont know at the moment but i think most likely physical work rather then brain power work.How much money allowance do you get at this program?
depends what feilds u look into and how hard u work
they can tell the ones that want a education and ones that come there for a quick buck becuz u get paid to learn many kids take advantage of this and some just basically abuse this ..if your looking for physical labor experience
i would say go for weilding or some type of managing and business classes they really come in handy if u feel working for someone else is not your thing!
it's a lil harder but the work pays off in the long run ;)

vidcc
05-11-2005, 05:36 PM
yes and no vid
I live in the same area ziggy does
I know what the schools are like here :P

I have commented on school standards before, I believe we need to get our act together and improve standards instead of the dumbing down that some are advocating right now. However schools in places like Bangladesh are achieving high results with far less resources than we enjoy and to a large degree it has to do with attitude.
I don't make my comments about pupils putting in the work lightly, I have had many conversations with my sons friends about their school failures and I have yet to see an instance where the teacher was at fault for their grade. They are not failing to understand the subjects...they are failing to do the work.

From what Ziggy said he needs extra help and he needs to seek that help and not take no for an answer. It is sad that in America finding that extra help isn't easy and isn't always free of charge.... but he has the books...he has the Internet... he has libraries.... everything is there if he chooses to put the effort in. He needs to focus on his own life and avoid distractions. I know none of this is easy, but what in life is?

I don't know what his home situation is but I do often see lack of parental interest in children's education. My view is that teachers are there to teach the subjects and not to raise and discipline the students. I believe that parents should be making sure their children do the assignments and should be helping wherever possible when the child doesn't understand something. My son doesn't appreciate us being on his case now............ but perhaps in ten years he will understand why we do it.

He is looking at different approaches so we know he has his head screwed on and is thinking in the right direction, I just think that finishing high school first would help him in the long run.

of course the job corps might just be the best way to increase his chances because of his own personal circumstances if his situation is a genuine hindrance.

sorry for the essay

bigboab
05-11-2005, 06:13 PM
If you have really lost hope with the education you are getting at the moment, then this looks like a good alternative. :) Taking you away from your present environment, which is not working academically, maybe just what you need. :)
If I was in your situation I would go for it. It looks as if you will end up with a trade and a years financial help to get you on your feet when you have completed the course.
It will also let you mix with different people from all over the USA which could benefit you in later life. Best of luck if you decide to go for it. :)

ziggyjuarez
05-12-2005, 08:30 AM
vidcc i understand why you would think the way you do because you dont know real life and how it works.I did seek help from my mom and dad but they said im trying to get away from school by asking for a tutor :blink: I was like what the fuck.When i ask'd the school for extra help they said i did not quality because i did not go to school enough.I told them i dint go to school because i was not learning any thing from the dumb fuck teachers.Its a big cercle of i dont care about you.I stop going to school,week later they make me go to court.They ask the same question,i say the same thing.They say its the law,i say ok but if i dont feel like you're helping me then im not going.Im now in a school where i only have 3 class's and for most of the time we watch movies :unsure: I dont go to school to watch movies,i can do that at home.I do admit i could have paid more attention in school at a young age but its not all my fualt.In the 3rd grade my grandma took me away to live with her because my mom had some problems of her own.I stop careing about that time so i guess i have something to do with my failed life.About the library,im 15 im not going to no library :lol: The system failed me,let me go get my gun...

fkdup74
05-12-2005, 12:15 PM
I believe we need to get our act together and improve standards instead of the dumbing down that some are advocating right now.

I fully agree, especially here,
where I think the average in our county is about a 60-something percent success rate
IMO that's unacceptable, should be at least 10-15 points higher
it just seems a little unbelievable to me that 30+ % of students are the problem :unsure:

but then I saw the same thing 15 years ago
if the student(s) were exceptional, they were catered to
other than that, the general attitude from the school seemed to be...
"hey buddy....sink or swim"

ziggyjuarez
05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Life is not flexable as you think.

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 01:15 PM
http://jobcorps.doleta.gov/about.cfm
Has any one been in a similar program?I'm gonna turn 16 soon and I'm thinking about joining because i dont think regular education is helping.Its in Utah :lol:

This would be great for you! And it great for me, too! I could always use an extra person at the McDonald's order counter taking my order! :-P

ziggyjuarez
05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I would be putting a gun if your face before i work at mcdonalds.Im serious ;)

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I would be putting a gun if your face before i work at mcdonalds.Im serious ;)

Put that gun down boy! Get me my fish sandwich, now boy! :)

ziggyjuarez
05-12-2005, 01:22 PM
haha you're not funny

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
http://www.christiancooper.com/photos/spain/madrid/mcdonalds.jpg

ziggyjuarez
05-12-2005, 01:34 PM
you gonna fuck him now faggot?

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 01:38 PM
you gonna fuck him now faggot?

Tsk, tsk, not very good customer service you are displaying there. Now be nice, or I will have to speak with your manager.

ziggyjuarez
05-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Man you love mcdonalds because you wont leave.You much be fat o...i see your from texas :lol: i see

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Man you love mcdonalds because you wont leave.You much be fat o...i see your from texas :lol: i see

Careful, we can legally carry guns here. :-p

ziggyjuarez
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
So can i.

GepperRankins
05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
i thought tikibonbon was a vegetarian type person :unsure:

ziggyjuarez
05-12-2005, 01:50 PM
vegetarian with a gun :shutup: oh no.

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 01:50 PM
vegetarian with a gun :shutup: oh no.

lol

manker
05-12-2005, 01:59 PM
i thought tikibonbon was a vegetarian type person :unsure:A vegetarian Texan with a gay sounding name.

That's not something you see everyday.

GepperRankins
05-12-2005, 01:59 PM
edit: shoulda said it's a spud gun

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 02:02 PM
A vegetarian Texan with a gay sounding name.

That's not something you see everyday.

1. I am not a vegetarian.

2. Do you really want to talk about gay names?

3. Now shut up and get into that kitchen and make me a steak woman!

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 02:04 PM
edit: shoulda said it's a spud gun

I don't know, spud guns look kinda dangerous to me.....

http://www.sharewareschmooze.com/history/schmooze/99/rshoot.jpg

GepperRankins
05-12-2005, 02:05 PM
i wanna see a gif not a jpeg :shifty:

manker
05-12-2005, 02:07 PM
1. I am not a vegetarian.

2. Do you really want to talk about gay names?

3. Now shut up and get into that kitchen and make me a steak woman!A vegetarain that's in denial who comes from Texas and wants to talk about gay names and wishes I were female.

I do hope you keep these snippets secret and your Texan brethren don't find out. I mean it's okay on the interweb but you wouldn't want real people jumping to conclusions now, would you.

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
http://x4i.net/Rja1.jpg

hey, how's you doin'?

GepperRankins
05-12-2005, 02:13 PM
well, i'm just lost now

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
i wanna see a gif not a jpeg :shifty:

Didn't think it would be so hard finding an in-action gif......so here's just another jpg for you.....me worris about this guy...

http://www.jmecham.com/photos/friend/friend02.jpg

manker
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
I think tinabonbon just wants to make friends or has perhaps posted his pic to entice cyber advances.

I think it's brave of him to come out on our forum like this.

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I think tinabonbon just wants to make friends or has perhaps posted his pic to entice cyber advances.

I think it's brave of him to come out on our forum like this.

Will you be my friend? :)

Tikibonbon
05-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Didn't think it would be so hard finding an in-action gif]

Couldn't find ya a gif, but, I found ya a video oddly enough...

http://captainnapalm.com/pg_main.shtml

Voetsek
05-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Bog cleaner nice job shove your hand down shit clogged bogs all for min wage

vidcc
05-12-2005, 03:47 PM
vidcc i understand why you would think the way you do because you dont know real life and how it works.I did seek help from my mom and dad but they said im trying to get away from school by asking for a tutor :blink: I was like what the fuck.When i ask'd the school for extra help they said i did not quality because i did not go to school enough.I told them i dint go to school because i was not learning any thing from the dumb fuck teachers.Its a big cercle of i dont care about you.I stop going to school,week later they make me go to court.They ask the same question,i say the same thing.They say its the law,i say ok but if i dont feel like you're helping me then im not going.Im now in a school where i only have 3 class's and for most of the time we watch movies :unsure: I dont go to school to watch movies,i can do that at home.I do admit i could have paid more attention in school at a young age but its not all my fualt.In the 3rd grade my grandma took me away to live with her because my mom had some problems of her own.I stop careing about that time so i guess i have something to do with my failed life.About the library,im 15 im not going to no library :lol: The system failed me,let me go get my gun...
I did touch on the parental involvement thing and I am sorry that you have not had the luxury of more supporting parents..... the part of your post that mentions your attitude I am afraid loses any respect (assuming you are serious)....although at least you are admitting you have a problem and are trying to do something about it.

It's not too late if you want to do it. The longer you leave it the harder it gets. I cannot emphasise enough how much easier your life will be later on if you knuckle down now.

manker
05-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Will you be my friend? :)Yeah, sure :D