PDA

View Full Version : key skills <_<

Mr. Mulder
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM
are any of you doing a college course in the UK, have you too been lumbered by the big fucking waste of time known as "key skills", because i have for the past three years :angry:

why does the government keep making them a necessary part of each course, i've spent the past two hours playing snakes - when my time could be spent at home playing super monkey ball ( :happy: ) :angry:

it takes up about 9 or so hours a week, and has done for all three courses ive done so far, and it's the equivalent of g..c.s.e's ffs :blink: who in their right mind would want to do gcse's on a course they signed up for to fix computers, it's just not needed and it's a huge waste of time, and above all else, it's mandatory :fist:

99%
05-12-2005, 09:45 AM
what exactly do you do in "key skills" course?

Mr. Mulder
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
what exactly do you do in "key skills" course?

play snakes :ermm:

Mr. Mulder
05-12-2005, 09:48 AM
it's also meant to include spreadsheet/database ect it's basically, maths, english and ict - when enrolling for the course i did not sign up for english and maths :snooty:

99%
05-12-2005, 09:51 AM
since you seem to know the entire course why not ask you professor to give you the exam now?

Mr. Mulder
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM
since you seem to know the entire course why not ask you professor to give you the exam now?

it's not allowed, and i don't want to do english and maths tests, that's the problem :frusty:

manker
05-12-2005, 10:06 AM
I had to do a similar thing for A-levels. It was only 2 hours a week but was mandatory. Pointless lessons which included a self awareness module, a Spanish 4 hour course (:blink:), something called O.S.P. - I didn't know what it meant and still don't and other rubbish I can't remember now.

There wasn't an exam but you passed based on your attendence ... so I just chatted about stuff with the other people in the classroom :unsure:

99%
05-12-2005, 10:12 AM
As a certified GCSEFFS Administrator, I will now give you the exam.
Should you fail to pass - you will be sentenced to 20 years of MicrosoftEnglish and counting piss drops on toilet floors.
Should you pass - you will be granted extra points per super monkey ball score.

Mulder Math & English GCSE Exam 2005

-English
1.Fill in the empty spaces.

Scully is a ******* *****

2.Find the grammatical errors in this text

I had to do a similar thing for A-levels. It was only 2 hours a week but was mandatory. Pointless lessons which included a self awareness module, a Spanish 4 hour course (), something called O.S.P. - I didn't know what it meant and still don't and other rubbish I can't remember now.

There wasn't an exam but you passed based on your attendence ... so I just chatted about stuff with the other people in the classroom

-Math

If there are 5 apples, and you take 3 apples, how many apples do you have.

Good luck

manker
05-12-2005, 10:16 AM
English

1. There aren't any empty spaces, apart from the gaps between words - which presumably should be there.

2. You're kidding :dry:

Math.

1. 3Don't look til you're finished, arky!!!111

99%
05-12-2005, 10:17 AM
http://img38.echo.cx/img38/4683/mltroll0615yg.jpg

DarthInsinuate
05-12-2005, 10:19 AM
key skills are a misnomer, it would have been nice if they taught something more usefyk like managing your finance, or Super Monkey Ball skills

edit: what the fyvj

Mr. Mulder
05-12-2005, 10:32 AM
you'd think those answers would be acceptable wouldn't you, but apparently not, apparently the man doesn't want you to write sensible answers like "i want to touch scully in lots of different places", apparently those are deemed unacceptable :dry:

i agree with darth, super monkey ball skills are a necessity for progressing further, especially later on when it becomes ridiculously tough :ermm:

Mr. Mulder
05-12-2005, 10:39 AM
eating polo's and staring at a milf on the front cover of a childcare magazine ....great use of time, yay key skills :unsure:

Bebi
05-12-2005, 10:55 AM
are any of you doing a college course in the UK, have you too been lumbered by the big fucking waste of time known as "key skills", because i have for the past three years :angry:

why does the government keep making them a necessary part of each course, i've spent the past two hours playing snakes - when my time could be spent at home playing super monkey ball ( :happy: ) :angry:

it takes up about 9 or so hours a week, and has done for all three courses ive done so far, and it's the equivalent of g..c.s.e's ffs :blink: who in their right mind would want to do gcse's on a course they signed up for to fix computers, it's just not needed and it's a huge waste of time, and above all else, it's mandatory :fist:

yeah I done a course to fix computers and have to do this crap, are you doing an NVQ?

Mr. Mulder
05-12-2005, 10:57 AM
city & guilds practioner II, i think you get numbers instead of letters at the end of it :ermm: :unsure:

Bebi
05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
I was a technican in a place where people were doing that, its easy lol

Mr. Mulder
05-12-2005, 11:04 AM
too easy :dry: