PDA

View Full Version : is it j'polism or mankerism

GepperRankins
06-17-2005, 01:54 PM
i'm getting pissed off when people type "your" instead of "you're"

still not capitalising anything though :snooty:

Snee
06-17-2005, 01:57 PM
How about when they substitute "their" with "there"?

manker
06-17-2005, 02:01 PM
still not capitalising anything though :snooty: Better change your username then, conformity boy :snooty:

The worst for me is where a person capitalizes words that shouldn't be.

manker
06-17-2005, 02:04 PM
is it j'polism or mankerismJ'Polism.

I seem to get a lot of the flack but the simple truth is that he's much harsher than I :cry:

GepperRankins
06-17-2005, 02:05 PM
what about forgetting to put ? on questions?

Snee
06-17-2005, 02:06 PM
No, that's an easy mistake :snooty:

Dark Steno
06-17-2005, 02:08 PM
:huh: ?

manker
06-17-2005, 02:09 PM
what about forgetting to put ? on questions?I only use a question mark if I want an answer to something.

This tends to be rare.

Mr. Mulder
06-17-2005, 02:12 PM
what about forgetting to put ? on questions?I only use a question Mark if I want an answer to something.

This tends to be rare.

Capital first letter for names, N00b :snooty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/mrmulder/typoguy.jpg

Dark Steno
06-17-2005, 02:15 PM
:01: :01:

manker
06-17-2005, 02:17 PM
I only use a question Mark if I want an answer to something.

This tends to be rare.

Capital first letter for names, N00b :snooty:

[quote]http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/PWNED.gif

Afronaut
06-17-2005, 02:18 PM
well then, is it not more confudge than that?

te' fååk

JPaul
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
There was none of this bunkum in the pre-manker days.

Chaps were much more forgiving of other people's foibles. However nowadays everyone has to watch the smallest detail of their posts, or they know that they will be pounced upon without mercy.

A sad turn of events if you ask me.

Mr. Mulder
06-17-2005, 02:26 PM

Chaps were much more forgiving of other people's foibles. However nowadays everyone has to watch the smallest detail of their posts, or they know that they will be pounced upon without mercy.

there are those who are exemptted from this roole :snooty:

Afronaut
06-17-2005, 02:26 PM

I akree.

oops

JPaul
06-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Hah, as I suspected, the hoi polloi are revolting.

manker's grammatical tyranny is under threat from those amongst us who will no longer stand for it.

Long live the restitution, power to the people.

Dark Steno
06-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I akree.

oops
:ghostface

Virtualbody1234
06-17-2005, 03:42 PM
i'm getting pissed off when people type "your" instead of "you're"
Me to.

Snee
06-17-2005, 04:19 PM

It's 'cos they can't spell, it just puts a bloke off.

Dark Steno
06-17-2005, 04:38 PM

It's 'cos they can't spell, it just puts a bloke off.
... and its kewl!

Mr. Mulder
06-17-2005, 05:06 PM
i can't spell very good at all really, and have missed out on job opportunities because of it :no: i applied for a job on directory enquiries at BT, took some spelling tests for them and they never phoned back, so a little over a week after the interview/tests, i phoned them to ask them wtf and they said that they couldn’t hire me because my spelling was atrocious :( got a job in a factory soon after though :snooty:

strangely i've got another interview with BT on Monday, this time it's for their broadband help line, and there's only one spelling test which is online, i like my chances :shifty: :ermm: ....can't spell though, 98% of my posts get ran through Word before posting :no:

kids, stay in skool :unsure:

Snee
06-17-2005, 05:23 PM
te' fååk
I wonder if anyone who read this thread, 'cept you and I, knows how to pronounce "å" :unsure:

bigboab
06-17-2005, 05:26 PM
i can't spell very good at all really, and have missed out on job opportunities because of it :no: i applied for a job on directory enquiries at BT, took some spelling tests for them and they never phoned back, so a little over a week after the interview/tests, i phoned them to ask them wtf and they said that they couldn’t hire me because my spelling was atrocious :( got a job in a factory soon after though :snooty:

strangely i've got another interview with BT on Monday, this time it's for their broadband help line, and there's only one spelling test which is online, i like my chances :shifty: :ermm: ....can't spell though, 98% of my posts get ran through Word before posting :no:

The trouble with Spellcheckers is that it will not 'pick up' words that are correctly spelt but in the wrong place. Like their instead of there etc. :(

Dark Steno
06-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I am bad at grammar.

lynx
06-17-2005, 06:19 PM

The trouble with Spellcheckers is that it will not 'pick up' words that are correctly spelt but in the wrong place. Like their instead of there etc. :(
In case you haven't noticed, Word actually checks you grammar too these days (assuming you turn it on).

So, in reality, Manker has no purpose. :rolleyes:

Afronaut
06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Ha!

Off with the manking.

manker
06-17-2005, 06:53 PM
In case you haven't noticed, Word actually checks you grammar too these days (assuming you turn it on).

So, in reality, Manker has no purpose. :rolleyes:I'm not too enamoured with your presupposition I'd want to be in RealitY :sick:

bigboab
06-17-2005, 07:06 PM

Type the following into Word and see what results you get;

Had their to be a plaice in there for them awl.

Mr. Mulder
06-17-2005, 07:45 PM

there's no need to, it seems to be ok :ermm:

bigboab
06-17-2005, 07:46 PM

there's no need to, it seems to be ok :ermm:

:lol::lol:

Snee
06-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Sometimes words corrects me in German, even though I'm writing in Swedish or English.

How great is that??!!! :01:

GepperRankins
06-27-2005, 11:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/TheDave/apostrophe.jpg

http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/PWNED.gif

manker
06-27-2005, 11:17 PM
:lol: :D