PDA

View Full Version : Organ Donor?

brotherdoobie
06-18-2005, 06:50 PM
I renewed my driver's license today. I had an option to be an organ donor (in the invent of my death..I hope thats how it works...)I filled out a form of consent,without hesitation. This bothers many, that I have talked to...which puzzles me.

How do you feel about this?

Peace bd

vidcc
06-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Organ donation is a good thing. I doubt that those that don't want to donate their organs would refuse a kidney or heart if they ever needed one.

Be proud doobs.

Afronaut
06-18-2005, 07:02 PM
I wonder if anyone likes to have mantits when im gone.

JPaul
06-18-2005, 07:05 PM
:lol:

No need :cry:

JPaul
06-18-2005, 07:06 PM
:lol:

No need :cry:
where is mantit anyway, must be down t'pub with his mates

Afronaut
06-18-2005, 07:11 PM
heh, I think manker said earlier he's going to do garden-beer or somesuch.

if that's you wanted to know.

99%
06-18-2005, 07:11 PM
i need fresh lungs - anybody willing to "share"?

NikkiD
06-18-2005, 07:18 PM
I renewed my driver's license today. I had an option to be an organ donor (in the invent of my death..I hope thats how it works...)I filled out a form of consent,without hesitation. This bothers many, that I have talked to...which puzzels me.

Peace bd

I'm an organ donor as well, though I fear mine would be pretty useless after the punishment they've taken. :lol:

I figure if I'm not using them anymore, if someone else needs them, they're quite welcome to them. For that matter, if they want to use me as a cadaver in a university anatomy course, they may do so as well. I won't feel it. ;)

I don't look down on those that don't wish to do the same. They may have differing beliefs than I do as far as religion and the afterlife. To each their own. However, I, like vidcc, wonder, if it were a belief thing that prohibits them from donating, would it also prohibit them from accepting a donated organ?

JPaul
06-18-2005, 07:22 PM
I renewed my driver's license today. I had an option to be an organ donor (in the invent of my death..I hope thats how it works...)I filled out a form of consent,without hesitation. This bothers many, that I have talked to...which puzzels me.

Peace bd

I'm an organ donor as well, though I fear mine would be pretty useless after the punishment they've taken. :lol:

I figure if I'm not using them anymore, if someone else needs them, they're quite welcome to them. For that matter, if they want to use me as a cadaver in a university anatomy course, they may do so as well. I won't feel it. ;)

I don't look down on those that don't wish to do the same. They may have differing beliefs than I do as far as religion and the afterlife. To each their own. However, I, like vidcc, wonder, if it were a belief thing that prohibits them from donating, would it also prohibit them from accepting a donated organ?

Pretty much agree with all of that.

Sorry to see you have slipped into a comma btw.

Can I pick the organs I want when you shuffle off this mortal and so forth. I would put them to good use.

{I}{K}{E}
06-18-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm not an organ donor and I will never want someone elses bodypart when I need it even if its the only way to save my life.

NikkiD
06-18-2005, 07:40 PM

Can I pick the organs I want when you shuffle off this mortal and so forth. I would put them to good use.

I was rather liberal in my use of the comma, wasn't I? :lol:

This post has left me with a plethora of questions swirling in my head, the foremost being, "which ones?"

brotherdoobie
06-18-2005, 07:48 PM

This post has left me with a plethora of questions swirling in my head, the foremost being, "which ones?"

Nikki, I have an organ I'm willing to donate to you...while I'm still living. :blushing:

Peace bd

JPaul
06-18-2005, 07:59 PM

Yours, obviously.

I had assumed those were the only ones you had to offer.

NikkiD
06-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Yours, obviously.

I had assumed those were the only ones you had to offer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I should have seen that coming.

@ bd, as long as you don't think your wife will miss it. :unsure: