PDA

View Full Version : Has annyone solved/fixed a rubik's cube?

maebach
06-22-2005, 01:27 AM
I couldn't no matter how much I tried. It's impossible :frusty:

brotherdoobie
06-22-2005, 01:33 AM
I have...hundreds of times. They came out,when I was a wee little lad.
Good luck! It's just a matter of time...:devil:

It's funny you posted this topic...I mentioned them, in the stupid fads
thread...(except they Rawk!)

Peace bd

Virtualbody1234
06-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Sure! I can still do it quite fast. Maybe about 3 or 4 minutes these days.

With a little practice and a smooth turning cube I can easily do it in less than a minute and a half. Sometimes in about 1 minute if I'm lucky with things falling into place.

I had joined a competition many year ago. I didn't win but came close.

tesco
06-22-2005, 02:11 AM

With a little practice and a smooth turning cube I can easily do it in less than a minute and a half. Sometimes in about 1 minute if I'm lucky with things falling into place.

:ohmy: you kidding?
What's the trick to doing them fast?

no, i've never finished one before.

Virtualbody1234
06-22-2005, 02:15 AM

:ohmy: you kidding?
What's the trick to doing them fast?

no, i've never finished one before.
No. Not kidding. It takes time to figure out patterns and practice lets you see shortcuts to the final goal but it's no "trick".

brotherdoobie
06-22-2005, 03:25 AM

I stand corrected again...I can't do it that fast. :blushing:

Peace bd

HCT
06-22-2005, 03:52 AM
there was this girl in my school who can solve it with out looking at the cube

Afronaut
06-22-2005, 07:09 AM

Riiiiight.

I could drive a bike without me legs, when i was a kid, and into it. and stuff.

Alltho I cant back that up with paperworks.

Barbarossa
06-22-2005, 08:55 AM
When they first came out, I could do it in about 2 minutes.. Now, It's probably more like 5; the trick is to work out some basic moves, then just apply those moves to the problem at hand.

There are many ways to do it...

{I}{K}{E}
06-22-2005, 09:47 AM
There is a website where you enter how your cube looks like and then it tells you how to solve it :01:

lynx
06-22-2005, 09:52 AM
It's so long since I did one of those I'm not sure I can still remember the moves. But I know I used to be able to do it in a couple of minutes too.

The "official" world record (http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/rubik.html) is about 12 seconds, but that is just "official" championships.

The same site shows the record in 1983 as just over 17 seconds, but I remember several times under 14 seconds from back then. Seems the unofficial record is now under 10 seconds. :ohmy:

The fastest time for solving the cube blindfolded (yes, it can be done) is under 3 minutes, and that includes the time for memorising the starting position.

RPerry
06-22-2005, 09:54 AM
I have solved it a few times myself, but the last time was 20 yrs ago :blink:

The first time I solved it I cheated though.... I got real close then pulled off the stickers and put them in the right place :lol: If I remember right, I had one square on each side the wrong color. My Fathers ex wife had promised $50 to my Sister and I for the first one who could solve it, she never paid out the money :dry:

{I}{K}{E}
06-22-2005, 10:07 AM
The most expensive Rubik's Cube was the Masterpiece Cube, produced by Diamond Cutters International in 1995. The actual-size, fully functional cube features 22.5 karats of amethyst, 34 karats of rubies, and 34 karats of emeralds, all set in 18-karat gold. It has been valued at about US-$ 1.5 mio.

:ohmy:

Gripper
06-22-2005, 10:30 PM
I used to take the fuckers apart and put them back together to do em

manker
06-22-2005, 10:34 PM
I haven't the attention span to do rubi*

*this is the 235th recorded time that the half sentence attention span gag has been done.

sArA
06-22-2005, 11:08 PM
I never solved it myself, I didn't have the patience. However, someone who had solved it told me the moves, then it was easy.

There were about 3 or 4 basic sequences if I remember right. Not sure though.

HCT
06-23-2005, 02:13 AM

Riiiiight.

I could drive a bike without me legs, when i was a kid, and into it. and stuff.

Alltho I cant back that up with paperworks.

The fastest time for solving the cube blindfolded (yes, it can be done) is under 3 minutes, and that includes the time for memorising the starting position.

see it is posible

Gemby!
06-23-2005, 08:50 AM
i have never finished one before, but i guess you have to actually try for longer than 5 mins to complete it :P