PDA

View Full Version : SNES on PS2?

iMartin
06-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Alright, today I got an Action Replay MAX, it came with a little 16MB flash drive, to swap to-and-from my PC to PS2. It also came with a Media Creator, which can allow me to play Genesis ROMS on my un-modified PS2. This got me thinking...is there a way for me to play my SNES roms on my un-modded PS2? :unsure:

scribblec
06-29-2005, 10:22 PM
i dont know about this but maybe this site might be able to help

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/ps2.html

you might need a modded ps2 but at least its a start

p.s dam your curveball scored :@!!

iMartin
06-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, I tried SNES-Station (http://snes-station.gamebase.ca/index.htm), I can get it to run off of my pendrive, and I also put a few ROMs on there too, but it says there's no roms or directories found. :frusty:

orcutt989
07-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Snes or PS2?

uodii
07-06-2005, 03:22 PM
As far as i know, the only way to play snes roms on a ps2 are if the roms are on an actual cd. I guess the emulators werent built for any special hd/pendrive support. Since you said you got SNES Station to run off the pendrive, burn your roms to a cdr and make sure you swap it into your PS2. This works for me.

Rip The Jacker
07-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Alright, today I got an Action Replay MAX, it came with a little 16MB flash drive, to swap to-and-from my PC to PS2. It also came with a Media Creator, which can allow me to play Genesis ROMS on my un-modified PS2. This got me thinking...is there a way for me to play my SNES roms on my un-modded PS2? :unsure: I just bought the Action Replay Max too. Sega Genesis emulator on an unmodded PS2 = awesome. :P

I (like most people) got SNES Station to run on my PS2 with AR Max, but it won't recognize the roms or folders.. here is why... =/

Basically put, the reason why SNES-STATION won't recognize your CD is because the Max Media Creator creates UMCDR CD's & SNES-STATION was released before UMCDR came out.

Simply put, only PGEN can read CD's created by Max Media Creator because PGEN has support for UMCDR. UMCDR is a dead format, it was created in March 2004 by Drakonite & discontinued in April 2004 because Hermes of PS2 Reality was trying to use the UMCDR format to load warez/backups. Datel used UMCDR in the Action Replay Max Evo without permission from Drakonite. I wasted my last 3 CD-R's trying to get SNES Station to work, but it seems like it's impossible. :( If only Sega Genesis had better games. :P

Good thing my PS2 reads CD-RW's. :P