PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen it?

GepperRankins
07-01-2005, 12:14 PM
The most popular TV show never screened
by SARAH HILLS, Metro 13:28pm 30th June 2005

It is described as a brilliant mix of Alias and The X-Files.

It has already received rave reviews and has a loyal fanbase of thousands around the world.

But new sci-fi TV show Global Frequency has never actually been seen on the small screen.

That might just change, though, as the power of the Internet could force TV executives to show it even though they originally passed on the pilot episode.

That episode was mysteriously leaked on to the Net and has been picked up by thousands of downloaders using the unauthorised Bit Torrent peer-to-peer file-sharing program. They have not stopped raving about it since.

For Michael Weiss, head of filesharing company Morpheus, the leak is "just another positive example" of file-sharing on the Net.

"There have already been countless success stories of how musicians - either aspiring or established - have turned to P2P (peer-to-peer) to build or reinvigorate their careers," he said.

"It is not surprising that the same effect is now beginning to happen in film and TV."

The show's writer, John Rogers, who denies being involved with the leak, said he would like to release the pilot as a DVD for the fans.

"If that's successful, that's a pretty good argument to pick up the show," he added.

Studio bosses at Warner Bros have declined to comment on the show's future and warned downloaders they are infringing copyright laws.

Global Frequency, based on a graphic novel by English writer Warren Ellis, revolves around a secret global organisation of 1,001 "hi-tech people".

Each of them possesses a special talent used to fight bizarre world threats.

It stars Michelle Forbes as the enigmatic heroine Miranda Zero.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=354128&in_page_id=1773

i know i'd hate this but i know you geeks will like

Snee
07-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks, I'm getting it now.

from teh pirate bay.

GepperRankins
07-01-2005, 12:22 PM
i saw it in the metro :happy:

i'm surprised chavvy mcmulder didn't read it :ermm:

DarthInsinuate
07-01-2005, 12:23 PM
nope, i'm downloading it right now

i really should get round to reading the comic someday

Meanwhile, Global Frequency creator Ellis has chimed in on his own website, noting that "the TV pilot (is) all over the net right now, on that filthy BitTorrent thing which is illegal and nasty and I certainly don't use it to watch The Daily Show or anything.... I don't have the torrent link, and I haven't seen the pilot, so don't ask. But feel free to buy the book."
http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,67986,00.html

Mr. Mulder
07-01-2005, 12:49 PM
i saw it in the metro :happy:

i'm surprised chavvy mcmulder didn't read it :ermm:

:fist:

heard a lot about it but not yet seen it, will start it d/l once some other stuff has finished :01:

Snee
07-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks, I'm getting it now.

from teh pirate bay.
Well, I have it now, but by the looks of it I'll be seeding for quite some time to sort out the ratio on it :pinch:

Gripper
07-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Just watched this,and I hope they do run the series,enjoyedit.It could be another cult classic