PDA

View Full Version : just got an n-gage

GepperRankins
07-05-2005, 05:54 PM
the closest thing to a memory card i have is a write-only version of fifa 2004.

any hacks or cracks i should have?

i got the official PC tools and they don't seem to detect the n-gage through USB even though windows did the first time i installed it. can't seem to find it now though :angry:

is there any more useful suites for it?

willhub
07-05-2005, 06:23 PM
proberbly faulty cable or actual n-gage might be faulty, lol waste of money really, you should of got a psp, lol, in this magazine this is what they thought of the n-gage

"people look like a total dick when using the n-gage as a mobile", but hey its a personal oppinion that it.

never knew u could get hacks and cracks for n-gage games :s

Peerzy
07-05-2005, 06:28 PM
You can buy memory cards called MMC cards, these are what the N-Gage uses.

There pritty cheap a 128mb one is about £15 or so. Best bet is to buy one of them.

Then theres a program called BLZINSTALLER.sys basically you need to find this file (PM me if you want) copy it onto your MMC card from your pc via a card read (7 in 1 is lik £4) and then pop the card in your N-Gage. Then on the NG go to your file explorer and click to open the BLZInstaller. This will install the file onto your NG.

Now, we go and download an NG game, most of them are less than 32mb once again copy it onto your Ngage. Then once its on the MMC card in your Ngage on the menu screen will be the BLZINSTALLER we installer earlier. Run that program and bascially that unpacks and installs the games from your MMC card and installs them. They usually double in size so a 32mb download of the packed game would come out at about 64mb, hench the need for at least a 128mb MMC card.

Once you have used the BLZINSTALLER to install the game you can use the phones explorer to delete the game's install file (The 32mb download we transfered) and now if you look on the menu the game will be there as if it was a real version, you can play everything apart form the online service.

Its even possible to sue the same method to get the Ngage games onto phones that arn't even Ngage's. I have Tony Hawk & Sonic N on my 3 year old 3650 phone, this is do-able because this range of Nokia phone all uses the same OS (Symbion)

Theres also hundreds of programs for Symbion OS's, games and such i have a 700mb cd with hundreds on if you wanted me to mail it to you, or list the directories and send you the ones you wanted.

Busyman
07-05-2005, 06:37 PM
You can buy memory cards called MMC cards, these are what the N-Gage uses.

There pritty cheap a 128mb one is about £15 or so. Best bet is to buy one of them.

Then theres a program called BLZINSTALLER.sys basically you need to find this file (PM me if you want) copy it onto your MMC card from your pc via a card read (7 in 1 is lik £4) and then pop the card in your N-Gage. Then on the NG go to your file explorer and click to open the BLZInstaller. This will install the file onto your NG.

Now, we go and download an NG game, most of them are less than 32mb once again copy it onto your Ngage. Then once its on the MMC card in your Ngage on the menu screen will be the BLZINSTALLER we installer earlier. Run that program and bascially that unpacks and installs the games from your MMC card and installs them. They usually double in size so a 32mb download of the packed game would come out at about 64mb, hench the need for at least a 128mb MMC card.

Once you have used the BLZINSTALLER to install the game you can use the phones explorer to delete the game's install file (The 32mb download we transfered) and now if you look on the menu the game will be there as if it was a real version, you can play everything apart form the online service.

Its even possible to sue the same method to get the Ngage games onto phones that arn't even Ngage's. I have Tony Hawk & Sonic N on my 3 year old 3650 phone, this is do-able because this range of Nokia phone all uses the same OS (Symbion)

Theres also hundreds of programs for Symbion OS's, games and such i have a 700mb cd with hundreds on if you wanted me to mail it to you, or list the directories and send you the ones you wanted.
Damn I need some games for my Treo. The only ones I have were beamed to me. :(

GepperRankins
07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
thanks.

got it working as a mass storage device on a 16meg card. i think fifa had some kind of anti-piracy thing that stopped it working. guess i can't really do anything until i have a bigger card :dry:

after an hour fiddling i've decided my prejudices were right all along. ngages are shite

ps, i didn't pay. i think it was one of my dad's mates'

Peerzy
07-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah all the games have pritty harsh copy protections on them but most were broken about a month after release.

You need that bigger MMC for everything on Symbion phones (MP3, games, you can even geta whole movie on there)

There are specially encoded versions of movies that are about 64mb. There so small in size because the resolution is tiny. I've sat waiting for a job interview and watched Matrix 3 before :lol:

GepperRankins
07-05-2005, 07:12 PM
what type of movies can i put on it? :unsure:

Peerzy
07-05-2005, 08:25 PM
They have to be Real Player videos. Theres a program called Helix Real Producer that you use to conver DVDs/DIVX and you just have to select the right resolution to encode to, theres a guide i use to have but can't find it now.

maebach
07-06-2005, 04:11 AM
i dont know anyone with an n-gage :lookaroun

Snee
07-06-2005, 09:02 PM
N-Gage QD kinda' sucks teh baws.

It doesn't have stereo sound, or mp3 support from the start.

EDit: posted something for you about this over on cheese's board.