PDA

View Full Version : Hoodlum Gta San Andreas Help Plz!!!

phatjatt
07-10-2005, 04:21 AM
I know u guyz r probably sick of helping other newbies like me with this shyt...im sorry but i dont seem to get it..heres my problem
i downloaded gta san andreas using bitlord and its all downloaded all 3.91 GB of it..when i open my downloads section i see all the files from gtasa.r00 to the end ..i think theres about 85 or so files..ok when i try to unrar my first file or gtasa.r00 i get an error "CRC failed in hlm-gtasa.iso. the file is corrupted"...this happens for every file and it also wants me to unrar a file that is before it..i have tried everything but i cant seem to fix this shyt...i read somewhere about par2 files..what are these files???..i installed the software and set everything up like i was asked to from another thread and then i click on run or something and it starts doing this operation which it says takes about an hour..it is going on in the background and is about 22% done...im not sure if im doin this rite...how have u guyz been able to extract iso files because it dont work for me..like i said i get an error...

any help will be appreciated
thnx guyz

ready1
07-10-2005, 04:51 AM
What program are you using to unrar the files? Also was there a .sfv file included in the download?

phatjatt
07-10-2005, 05:28 AM
im using winrar and yes the hlm-gtasa.sfv file is there.....hope u know the solution ...

dboucher
07-10-2005, 05:34 AM
try a little, simple program called "extractnow"...should be able to google for it... worked ok for me.. just need to click on the first file, and then click extract all...

phatjatt
07-10-2005, 05:53 AM
ok thnx for ur answer...

extractnow..does this program accept rar files??..im gunna giv it a try anyways...
and for the other shyt..the par2 shyt..i did everything with it even created the whole shyt it creates and it took about an hour..i still have the same problem now...i cannot open the motherfuckin files man..this shyts pissin me off..

phatjatt
07-10-2005, 06:17 AM
extractnow dont work either man.....i had to rename all files to .r??...w/e that number was because "bc!" files r unrecognized by extractnow...after renaming i dragged r00 into that shyt but thing shows all the files and then nothing happens after that....i dont think this shyts gon work either man....u have any other way to fix this man..anyone plzz....i downloaded this for soo long...93 hours.....plz help ppl...

ready1
07-10-2005, 06:57 AM
http://www.traction-software.co.uk/SFVChecker/

If you have all the rars, I dunno wtf you are doing renaming them but rename them back to their proper names, and run this, then post results.

Peerzy
07-10-2005, 08:32 AM
You downloaded it with a shit program. Your download is currupt and fucked. Re-download the damaged rar's or better yet grab the whole thing from a decent place, such as newsgroups or a private torrent site.

theinfidel
07-10-2005, 11:48 AM
OK, I've got HOODLUM too and have gotten so far as to installing this thing...but whenever I mount the iso in Daemon tools it says to Wrong DVD/CD inserted..etc..whats the problem :(

Peerzy
07-10-2005, 12:16 PM
You need to apply the crack.

theinfidel
07-10-2005, 12:20 PM
and hate to sound like a noob again , but how do I do this??

Peerzy
07-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Mount the image, explore the DVD and go into the folder called Hoodlum, right click on the file called gta_sa.exe and click Copy.

Then go to where you installed the game and right click and click Paste, it will ask you if you want to overwrite a file, just click Yes. Now play!

theinfidel
07-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Peerzy, thank you so much, I was about to just go out and buy this thing after about 3 days of difficulties (kept thinking I got bad downloads or something). Thanks for being noobie friendly :)

Peerzy
07-10-2005, 12:29 PM
No problem, it's the same for every game you download, just instead of it being gta_sa.exe it will be like gta_vc.exe for Vice City or Doom3.exe for Doom 3. Just copy the crack over and play.

phatjatt
07-10-2005, 10:25 PM
ok i did the SFV checker thingy and i opened my gtasa.sfv file using that program...it checked everything and reported that all 85 files are there and none are missing or corrupted..all 85 files are OK.......now what??

i renamed them back to whatever they were and im styll tryin to get that iso..i downloaded this game using bitlord and i dont think igt should be corrupted...i dont know man..can anyone help meeeeeeeeeeeee

phatjatt
07-10-2005, 10:28 PM
everytime i open the rar file using winrar (gtasa.r00 file) i see an iso file...when i try to extract it this error shows up

"! C:\Documents and Settings\Future Shop\Local Settings\Temp\Rar$DI50.593\hlm-gtasa.r00.bc!: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack hlm-gtasa.iso" i tried selecting the previous volume for many other files but same error shows up .......helP!!!

orcutt989
07-11-2005, 01:34 AM
I thought the RAR file was the one you were supposed to extract everything from..... the "gtasa.rar" file? Have you tried that?

maebach
07-11-2005, 03:03 AM
are we allowed to talk about cracks on this forum?

Peerzy
07-11-2005, 06:49 AM
phatjatt - Your download hasn't finished yet. Bitcomet puts the extension .BC onto the end of everything that is in the process of being downloaded. Re-open your torrent and finish your download. When it is complete at the end all the files should automatically have the .BC extension removed.

maebach - I think as long as we don't request them, tell people where to get them or such it's okay.