PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Bible Code?

tralalala
07-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, I was watching this Horizon program the other week which was all about the Bible Code and things that were written in it.

They said that the chances of what was written there to be there by chance was something like 1 into 6500..... :unsure:

Some of the things they found there were: Yitzhak Rabin, Israels former PM, being murdered (which indeed happened, and the guy who found it saw it a year prior to the murder).
Kennedy being killed
Twin Towers being taken down
Loads of names of Jewish names (like important Rabbis), with their date of birth/death nearby in the same page

The most horrific thing they found, is that in 2006 there will be a nuclear Holocaust.... :unsure: :ph34r: :yikes:

So what are your thoughts/views about this? Do you believe in it?

Discuss

Rafi

bigboab
07-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Its just the same as Nostradamus. A lot of gobbledegook.

People see what they want to see. Look at the different factions of Christianity caused, mostly, by people having different interpretations of the Bible.

Next year you say? Off to Tescos for some apple.:lol::lol:

JPaul
07-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Sorry I didn't see the programme, so I can't really comment on it.

rubjon
07-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Believe... absolute, 100% I don't.

In the course of human history and all its vast cultures and societies, Kennedy being killed is awefully unimportant. Just think about it. Those predictions are fit to your world view.

--edit put back to my original post. sorry. :blushing:

JPaul
07-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Believe... absolute, 100% I don't.

Don't sit on the fence there, spunky.

Speak your mind.

GepperRankins
07-31-2005, 02:11 PM
the nuclear holocaust is mentioned for at least 5 different years

bigboab
07-31-2005, 02:12 PM
the nuclear holocaust is mentioned for at least 5 different years

Its going to be a big bang then.:lol:

rubjon
07-31-2005, 02:25 PM
I got about 6 or so versions of bible here. Tell me the scripture and version and I will read it to some people and without the prejudice of thinking that it is of certain events I will seewhat their interpretations are.

Or dare we just guess?

RioDeLeo
07-31-2005, 02:42 PM
There was a guy named Rob, he lived in the next valley over from me. He seemed quite normal, drank at the pub, played cards with us on a Thursday night, liked a joint or three.

One day he climbed the highest hill around our way to await the end of the world. l forget exactly what it was that was going to cause this, something to do with all the planets being on the same side of the sun, l believe. It was predicted by someone or the other, a long time ago.

This in itself is unremarkable, what was remarkable though, was the fact that more that twenty of the locals went up there with him!

As part of the old saying goes " .. you can fool some of the people all of the time ... "

GepperRankins
07-31-2005, 02:46 PM
http://www.thevoiceofreason.com/Conspiracy/images/dianabiblecode.gif

too much effort put into hiding it if it was intentional, i reckon

Snee
07-31-2005, 02:55 PM
http://www.thevoiceofreason.com/Conspiracy/images/dianabiblecode.gif

too m[u]ch ef[fo]rt put int[o] hiding it if it was intentiona[l], i reckon
A-ha.

JPaul
07-31-2005, 03:12 PM
There was a guy named Rob, he lived in the next valley over from me. He seemed quite normal, drank at the pub, played cards with us on a Thursday night, liked a joint or three.

One day he climbed the highest hill around our way to await the end of the world. l forget exactly what it was that was going to cause this, something to do with all the planets being on the same side of the sun, l believe. It was predicted by someone or the other, a long time ago.

This in itself is unremarkable, what was remarkable though, was the fact that more that twenty of the locals went up there with him!

As part of the old saying goes " .. you can fool some of the people all of the time ... "

So what happened, you can't just leave us hanging.

Rat Faced
07-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Other scientists have demonstrated how crap the Bible code is, by getting similar 'prophesies' out of Moby Dick....

GepperRankins
07-31-2005, 04:43 PM

So what happened, you can't just leave us hanging.
i'm thinking that nothing much interesting happens in australiland

JPaul
07-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Other scientists have demonstrated how crap the Bible code is, by getting similar 'prophesies' out of Moby Dick....
Do you think the whale is an allegorical representation for God, then.

All powerful, but ultimately unknowable.

Busyman
07-31-2005, 04:58 PM

You call 'em pubs in Africa? Must be South Africa. :dry:

MCHeshPants420
08-01-2005, 01:32 AM

In the very same Horizon documentary. :rolleyes:

tralalala
08-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I got about 6 or so versions of bible here. Tell me the scripture and version and I will read it to some people and without the prejudice of thinking that it is of certain events I will seewhat their interpretations are.

Or dare we just guess?
Ummm... How can you possibly have 6 versions to the Bible...?? :huh: :blink: :ermm:

Rat Faced
08-01-2005, 07:37 PM

Or dare we just guess?
Ummm... How can you possibly have 6 versions to the Bible...?? :huh: :blink: :ermm:

Theres a hell of a lot more versions than 6...

You have to remember that they were orginally written in different languages, and then translated, sometimes a few times, before they actually made it to *nameyourlanguagehere*

This is why it reads "Suffer not a witch to live"; when the original Hebrew translated directly into English reads "Suffer not a poisoner to live"

....a fact, that still hasnt been corrected, that many women all over europe/usa later regretted :burnedalive:

manker
08-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I suppose they must have gotten a few real witches tho'. Mistakes are inevitable.

Which is why the death sentence is such a good idea. You're bound to kill a few bad guys.

Take the rough with the smooth, I say.

Rat Faced
08-01-2005, 08:05 PM

In the very same Horizon documentary. :rolleyes:

I dont watch "Horizon" :snooty:

Was proll Panarama or Trevor McDonald or sth i seen it on :blushing:

sArA
08-01-2005, 11:36 PM
I think its all a load of bollocks.

If you have any reasonable length of text you are going to be able to see pretty much anything you like. I would imagine that if you try hard enough, you could find the Moby Dick story in a copy of the Bible.

mis Interpretation of religious and quasi religious text has a lot to answer for.

Barbarossa
08-02-2005, 03:35 PM
So what are your thoughts/views about this? Do you believe in it?

Unfortunately, I didn't see the documentary either, but my gut feeling is it's a load of cobblers.

I read the bible once. The King James version, naturellement...

It was very long and boring.. All the best stories are in Genesis, it all goes a bit downhill from there, until you reach the New Testament... then after the Gospels , it gets a bit boring until you get to Revelation, but to be honest it's a bit of an anticlimax, and you're glad when it's all over. :wacko:

tracydani
08-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I read the bible once. The King James version, naturellement...

It was very long and boring.. All the best stories are in Genesis, it all goes a bit downhill from there, until you reach the New Testament... then after the Gospels , it gets a bit boring until you get to Revelation, but to be honest it's a bit of an anticlimax, and you're glad when it's all over. :wacko:

Typical for a critic.... Gives the story a bad rating and the consumers still go crazy over it :rolleyes:

:P :lol: Not bad for a bit of overated non fiction huh?

As for the Bible code... I sure hope it isn't true.

Edited to make it say what I meant :P

manker
08-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Hoi! Barbie!

Use spoiler tags - some of us haven't read it yet :dry:

tralalala
08-03-2005, 01:38 PM
@Barbarossa:

Yeah that's what the Bible is like.. :lol:
Extremely boring apart from some of the wars, and the creation of stuff.....

Rat Faced
08-03-2005, 07:44 PM
And the contradictions...

God punishes someone for refusing to put his brothers wife in the club, after saying we arent allowed to touch them :rolleyes:

...he/she/it should make his/her/its bloody mind up what the bloody rules are then :ph34r:

lynx
08-04-2005, 09:41 AM
And the contradictions...

God punishes someone for refusing to put his brothers wife in the club, after saying we arent allowed to touch them :rolleyes:

...he/she/it should make his/her/its bloody mind up what the bloody rules are then :ph34r:
I think you'll find it says neighbour's wife, nothing about brother's or even that bloke down the street's.

And if he keeps having to go away on business trips that's hardly my fault. :lookaroun

whypikonme
08-05-2005, 01:52 AM
This is a really interesting article on the bible code, with very good examples.

Hidden Messages and The Bible Code (http://www.csicop.org/si/9711/bible-code.html)