Thread: Torrentflux Installation Help

I'm a VIP with TL and with it I get a shared web hosting account at centelia.net, does anyone know if its possible to set up torrentflux on it? and how? It would be best to hear from somebody else who has already tried/has torrentflux installed here.
    The basic package gives me 5GB storage and 75GB bandwith a month which is enough for me, I plan on using it to upload and seed new torrents (legal ones of course ).

The server seems to meet all of the requirements except I don't think it has PYTHON 2.2. I'm not too sure about how to go about installing this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ChairmanOfTheBoard BT Rep: +1
    u need ssh axx to the root, if u plan on installing anything..

Quote Originally Posted by nodigity View Post
    I'm a VIP with TL and with it I get a shared web hosting account at centelia.net, does anyone know if its possible to set up torrentflux on it? and how? It would be best to hear from somebody else who has already tried/has torrentflux installed here.
    The basic package gives me 5GB storage and 75GB bandwith a month which is enough for me, I plan on using it to upload and seed new torrents (legal ones of course ).

The server seems to meet all of the requirements except I don't think it has PYTHON 2.2. I'm not too sure about how to go about installing this.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    If you check the TF forums, there's probably 50+ diff. tutorials on setting it up. Here's one I found right on the front page - http://www.torrentflux.com/forum/ind...pic,166.0.html

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by r0uJe View Post
    If you check the TF forums, there's probably 50+ diff. tutorials on setting it up. Here's one I found right on the front page - http://www.torrentflux.com/forum/ind...pic,166.0.html
    Thanks I've been looking mostly at the main installation instructions that come with torrentflux but I'm beginning to pick things up from the forums and I'm beginning to figure out how to use the cpanel, never used one before you see. The guide that you suggested is for the windows version. I'm trying to figure out a way to install on a server running linux using the cpanel. Any info on installing using the cpanel would be helpful.
    Last edited by nodigity; 03-13-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost