Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange laws

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    That still apply.

In the UK:

It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.

Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.

In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.

In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.

In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.

In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

he head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen - in case she needs the bones for her corset.

Is your country this stupid? How?
    Last edited by benchez; 11-29-2007 at 01:51 AM.
    Now go away.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I have see these before read it a few times still makes me laugh every time i read it i allways wanted to know the original source for these the person who gathered all these funny laws into a book besides the creators of the laws

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I broke one just now .

Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    treason has taken place

5. Lounge   -   #5
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Ireland

The Criminal Justice Act 1990 removed the death penalty for treason convictions, setting the punishment at life imprisonment, with parole in not less than forty years

Not a reliable source but still gives an idea i could not find the act for the uk so i guess it's similar
    Last edited by sleepyy; 11-29-2007 at 03:17 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Must get to Ireland............
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Canada is fucked up...

It is illegal for a man to drink with a woman in an Edmonton beer parlor in (Alberta.)
    It is unlawful to throw snowballs or set off firecrackers within the city, without the authorization of the mayor or City Council. (Calgary)
    All bicycle riders must signal with the arm before making a turn, and a bicycle rider must keep both hands on the handlebars at all times" ( Edmonton.)
    In Canada, It is illegal for a teen to walk down main street with their shoes untied. (Fort Qu'Appelle)
    It is illegal to try and catch fish with your hands (Saskatoon.)
    You are not allowed to saw wood on the streets, or wash your automobile in (Toronto.)
    Theater owners are forbidden to start a movie that will end after 2 am. (Toronto.)
    You are not allowed to play a musical instrument in a park in (Windsor, Ontario)
    A by-law forbids anyone from striking the sidewalk with a metal object (Winnipeg)
    It is against the law to go naked in your own home if you leave the blinds up. (Winnipeg)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

8. Lounge   -   #8
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    I broke one just now .

Quick, turn her over!! She's getting all woozy.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

9. Lounge   -   #9
    dinsdale's Avatar Poster
    I bet most of those laws are lies. Sorry to be a killjoy! The internet is full of made up stuff...

Notice how dumb laws never have citations.
    Last edited by dinsdale; 11-29-2007 at 01:59 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast