Thread: The Pirate Bay Fights Danish ISP Block

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    The Pirate Bay has just launched jesperbay.org as a countermeasure to the Danish ISP block that was announced yesterday. The site is named after Jesper Bay, the head of the Danish IFPI and gives detailed instructions for affected customers on how to regain access to The Pirate Bay.

Pirate Bay co-founder Brokep told TorrentFreak about the domain name: “We’ll associate his name with something positive instead of his negative IFPI vibe.”

The Pirate Bay team is also asking fellow BitTorrent admins to help out, by redirecting all customers from Tele2, to The Jesper Bay. They have written a piece of code that will redirect all the users from Tele2 to The Jesper Bay, so they can change their DNS.

The ruling of IFPI vs. Tele2 was officially released a few hours ago. It concludes that the ISP -Tele2- assist in copyright infringement because they give their customers access to The Pirate Bay, therefore they have to prevent access to the site.

A dangerous ruling, which is expected to result in Pirate Bay being blocked by other Danish ISPs, similar to what happened in the AllofMP3 case last year. However, it does not end there, other divisions of the IFPI throughout Europe have already announced that they will start similar cases.

Today, the IFPI in Norway and Finland announced that they too are considering taking action against Internet providers.

The executive director of IFPI Finland, Arto Alaspää, announced that they are considering taking action against ISPs in Finland: “Similar block petitions are likely to be used in Finland,” he said.

Alaspää was soon followed by his Norwegian colleague, Marte Thorsby, who told Dagbladet.no: “The verdict is very positive for us. We have to see if we can get this to Norway as well.”

Sebastian Gjerding, spokesperson for the Danish pro-piracy lobby Piratgruppen, told TorrentFreak yesterday: “It’s very frightening that the IFPI can get through the courts with something like this. In Turkey and China its the state that decides what information the people can access and what should be censored. In Denmark its apparently the record industry.”

For now, Jesperbay makes it pretty easy to lift the block. Let’s hope Tele2 will appeal against the IFPI, so it only has to be a temporary solution.

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-b...-block-080205/
    Related: IFPI Forces Danish ISP to Block The Pirate Bay
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 02-07-2008 at 02:36 AM. Reason: fixed image.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

They're shut down the day after they release a statement saying it's impossible to shut them down.

Classic.

yo

3. News (Archive)   -   #3

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    So who's going to sue the Danish knife manufacturers for making it possible for Danish people to be stabbed ? Fucking ridiculous.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

They're shut down the day after they release a statement saying it's impossible to shut them down.

Classic.

well they tought opposite !

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    Network neutrality
    Remember bullets always have the right of way.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Classic.

They apparently aren't shutdown. http://thejesperbay.org/ Has information on how to get pass the block (in uh..Danish I think..not sure what that language is)

It's more of a DNS filter though...so if you just know The Pirate Bay's ip you can get to it that way.
    Last edited by MagusDraco; 02-08-2008 at 08:34 AM.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusDraco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swift View Post

They apparently aren't shutdown. http://thejesperbay.org/ Has information on how to get pass the block (in uh..Danish I think..not sure what that language is)

It's more of a DNS filter though...so if you just no The Pirate Bay's ip you can get to it that way.
    They have even included an example mail you can send to Tele2 and tell them that you don't like their block.

I like the way the PTB do it. Making it understandable for idiots too

If they get this through in Norway I hope it will be Telenor (the biggest ISP in Norway) as I have crashed their mail servers and a done a lot of other things in the past. It just gives me and my friends another reason to fuck with them again
    I like them though since they are so easy to hate.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Piratebay is always in the news.. brokep is quite the star.. lol