Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iTS is back (with lost torrents, stats, and most importantly, lost forum posts.)

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    iTS Recovery Time!!!

What Just Happened FFS

Due to unfortunate circumstance our server crashed, simple as that. In the process we lost our database together with our daily site backups. We still have an up to date copy of the site codes, but have had to revert back to a three month old database.

We lost around 100 of our newer members, torrents, forum posts and user stats. You will notice your profile data might not be up-to-date due to recovery from the old database. We are very sorry about what happened but it was out of our control. We have now negotiated with our host and have insisted that our daily backup is maintained on a separate server, to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for your patience, cooperation and contributions. By way of thanks we will be adding 3,000 karma points to all members, those can be used towards a custom title in the iTS Marketplace or something else.

Now iTS time to get things back to the way they were before this happened and we are asking members to help do that. Nothing too much. If you've applied for an invite for your friends and they've joined the site in the last 3 months, please PM staff as soon as possible so we can ensure they regain access to the site. In addition, we would extremely appreciate if you guys could help by uploading back to the site the torrents that were lost from the database in the last 3 months. Many were already added by our unbelievable team of uploaders (thanks guys : wub : ). Some, however, are still missing. Your help is crucial in reintroducing some of the missing files for the benefit of the community.

Seems like an ideal opportunity for a competition.

So What's The Big Idea

Like we said the main problem we have is the database, so we want to get that back the way it was, or as near it as possible. Most importantly we want the AFRs and the Collection Torrents that everyone worked so hard to get there in the first place. The idea is simply that we ask you to seed them again, nothing more than that. If people still have the files and the torrents we are asking that you upload them to the site again and help rebuild the database.

We will be having a competition to see who can get the most AFR and / or Collection torrents back online. Please note, this is not a competition about uploads and downloads. The point of this is to get the torrents back, so the winners will be those who get the most uploaded, by number. It matters not one jot how much is downloaded by anyone, it's the number of AFRs and Collection Torrents (whether they are AFR or not). So iTS in everyone's own hands. The competition shall begin from the moment the site is reopened, and end on Friday, June 19th 2009, at 22:00 GMT.

Prizes

Obviously the main thing is that you have been instrumental in getting the torrents back online for your chums. However in addition to that we will be awarding the following prizes:

1st Place - 1 Month VIP + 10,000 karma points
    2nd place - 2 Weeks VIP + 5,000 karma points
    3rd Place - 1 Weeks VIP + 3,000 karma points

We know that the type of people who will do this are the type of people who do it anyway, for nothing other than the occasional word of thanks. However iTS only right you should be rewarded.

Remember, iTS the number of torrents that counts, not the activity they generate.

As ever thanks for your ongoing support. iTS what makes this tracker and community what it is. Fan-fecking-tastic.
    so, iTS is back. With a few lost torrents, stats, users, and forum posts.
    Last edited by n00bz0r; 06-12-2009 at 03:55 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    i need their IRC server and support channel, if anyone knows please pm me. i am having few problem accessing site.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SNLV View Post
    i need their IRC server and support channel, if anyone knows please pm me. i am having few problem accessing site.
    your contact details aren't visible.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    They don't need to be. Just post it in the thread.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I've lost my account aswell Will have to contact them on IRC.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    so, iTS is back. With a few lost torrents, stats, users, and forum posts.
    1337 tracker

Remember, iTS the number of torrents that counts, not the activity they generate.
    sure

We will be having a competition to see who can get the most AFR and / or Collection torrents back online. Please note, this is not a competition about uploads and downloads. The point of this is to get the torrents back,

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I've lost my account.
    I need their IRC server & support channel,
    if anyone knows please pm me.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    "...and most importantly, lost forum posts."

Community, right? Always about the community.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Eros's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I need IRC server and channel, If anyone knows PM me.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Louie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeGeeGee View Post
    I've lost my account.
    I need their IRC server & support channel,
    if anyone knows please pm me.
    good you disabled pm
    Last edited by Louie; 06-12-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Keep your signature in old sanskrit please.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast