Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Historical fiction-middle ages

bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    I am looking for books set in the middle ages.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

2. Lounge   -   #2
    You can try Peter Tremayne's novels about sister Fidelma. They are set at seventh-century Ireland and are historicaly accurate (well, most of the time).

3. Lounge   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Something by Stephen R. Lawhead could be a possibility.He has several popular series of historical novels set in the Middle Ages.Try googling him for more information.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    i think you should know the lord of the rings and the hobbit.... they re fiction-middle ages novels....

5. Lounge   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    i think you should know the lord of the rings and the hobbit.... they re fiction-middle ages novels....
    Great books Septimus, and everyone should certainly read them,but I think your English betrays you.They are Middle Earth not Middle Ages.
    If I'm wrong let me know because your English is certainly better than my Spanish.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Great books Septimus, and everyone should certainly read them,but I think your English betrays you.They are Middle Earth not Middle Ages.
    If I'm wrong let me know because your English is certainly better than my Spanish.
    yes you are right, that books are middle earth not ages jeje ..... in that case i donīt know any middle ages books.... sorry!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'd suggest the OP take a glance at The Pillars of The Earth, by Ken Follett, and it's sequel, World Without End (which I am currently reading).

Both books (the first toward the early Dark Ages, and the latter toward the 14th and so on centuries) take place in the Middle Ages.

A VERY impressive duo, IMO. Ken Follett's masterpieces.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    I'd suggest the OP take a glance at The Pillars of The Earth, by Ken Follett, and it's sequel, World Without End (which I am currently reading).

Both books (the first toward the early Dark Ages, and the latter toward the 14th and so on centuries) take place in the Middle Ages.

A VERY impressive duo, IMO. Ken Follett's masterpieces.
    I have read both of these books. They are both excellent. Pillars of The Earth is by far the best book I have ever read.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

9. Lounge   -   #9
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Glad we agree then

Love Follett...very enticing writer.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    hi ya all im into books if you can send me any help thank you have a nice day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast