Thread: Please delete any MP3's with Synch errors

Hi Guys

I am disappointed with the number of MP3 files I get that have synch errors in them. These result in annoying clicks and gaps in the song and make listening to it a pain.

I am going though my collection and am trying to replace them with good copies.

I use Foobar as my music player and it alters you to files with synch errors, I also use the program called MP3 Utility which runs through a whole folder and alters you to those files with synch errors.

If we all started doing this we would tidy up all the files out there !

Regards

Digby
    NZ

2. Music   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You don't by chance download your MP3's from newsgroups?

3. Music   -   #3
    No - Ares, but I used to use Audio Galaxay and Kazaa Lite.

Do you think newsgroups are particularly bad for synch errors ?

Regards

Digby

4. Music   -   #4
    I've just heard of alot of synch errors and high pitch chirps that were completely removed from the MP3 files after running the MP3's through quickpar after downloading them from newsgroups.

No that you mention Ares, I realize your problem isn't based on file corruption during download ( which some still could be this ) , but rather a problem with the network itself. P2P networks like fasttrack are continually flooded with fake and purposely corrupt files to deter people from using those programs for piracy.

Move up to the next technology from there and you will encounter hundreds less synch errors. Bittorrent

5. Music   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post
    No - Ares, but I used to use Audio Galaxay and Kazaa Lite.

Do you think newsgroups are particularly bad for synch errors ?

Regards

Digby
    lol, w0w, yeah, u need to get in with the times. audio galaxy? lol, i used that also, but that was like 6 years ago. great prob, but it's been obsolete for quite some time. bt all the way.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

6. Music   -   #6
    I don't understand your point. I have been into Mp3's for the last 6 years so it was quite natural for me to use Audio Galaxy (or others Napster) as that was what was available then.

7. Music   -   #7
    Well really the point is, you're using obsolete methods to pirate MP3's. You're still using methods that have long been targets of major anti-piracy groups, and have fallen victim to attempts of closing those services. The Fasttrack network has all but been abandoned of it's once great masses of people due to flooding of fakes and corrupt files, and also corruption of files during transfers caused by poor programming.

Fakes and faulted files are allowed to stay alive for LONG periods of time, because they all ping back as matches to search terms.

On a bittorrent tracker these sort of files are removed immediately. So there is very little chance of getting any corrupt files. Also on newsgroups, your downloads come with repair files known as PAR2 files that fix those skips and chirps caused by missing blocks.

8. Music   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory View Post
    On a bittorrent tracker these sort of files are removed immediately. So there is very little chance of getting any corrupt files. Also on newsgroups, your downloads come with repair files known as PAR2 files that fix those skips and chirps caused by missing blocks.
    Thanks for that, but why or how are they removed immediately from bittorrent trackers ?

Regards

Digby