• Yes

63 34.05%
  • No

98 52.97%
  • I don't care

24 12.97%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Down with WIAW

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think we should just get rid of the WIAW thread all together. People quote it like its scripture. Many other forums do fine without a thread like that, and have a bigger variety of trades/giveaways because of not having one. This way users can determine what THEY feel the tracker is worth TO THEM, and decide to trade or give away invites based off of personal experience, instead of some whack post about rarity.

I mean come on, you ever see some one here take an oink invite and give TT? Happens elsewhere, but not here, just because of that thread people think "oh man, i can't trade it for that, its not worth the same" instead of thinking, "I need oink, i got this TT invite, so lets make a trade"

I'm not condoning trading with this post, in fact, I think it would help giveaways too. I just saw a user on another board give 3 TT invites away and the day before 6 oink invites. We maybe see 1 invite like that being givin every few weeks, and the giveaways take days.

Lets help new users see the torrent world the way it should be seen, down with WIAW!

Feel free to post your opinion here, with me or against me, I'd like to know what you all think about this idea.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    make a poll

edit: great :-)
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-10-2007 at 09:38 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    u Tokeman are wasting ur time.

Its not going to happen.

and that is a FACT.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Maybe not, but without discussion, how would a site ever progress?
    Its not like the WIAW thread is doing so much good here that it is beyond critisism.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    awoeonip's Avatar Need a light? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    it's sad that people take the WIAW thread so seriously, but it has it's value. Helps keep the newbies from getting scammed

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Maybe not, but without discussion, how would a site ever progress?
    Its not like the WIAW thread is doing so much good here that it is beyond critisism.
    agree with u
    and thats wasting of time

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by p1r4t3 View Post

Its not going to happen.

and that is a FACT.
    exactly...I voted yes but this poll is pointless hate to burst your bubble guys but the powers that be see a purpose in it and that's not going to change

If you really want to help contribute to the new ratings thread stickied at the top of the BT section.
    Last edited by sear; 10-10-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post

If you really want to help contribute to the new ratings thread stickied at the top of the BT section.
    Word
    Last edited by p1r4t3; 10-10-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: dupe..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p1r4t3 View Post

Its not going to happen.

and that is a FACT.
    exactly...I voted yes but this poll is pointless hate to burst your bubble guys but the powers that be see a purpose in it and that's not going to change

Wow, wish I would have seen that before. I kept looking for a new sticky on the invites section, no wonder I could not find it

And the powers that be saw a purpose when it was suggested/started originally, and the only way that will ever change, is if they see good reason to change it. If no one ever gathers peoples opinions, there will never be any reason to question it. But if a vast majority of people don't find use in it (I'm not saying that is the case) then why shouldn't it be considered to remove it? Isn't this site for the community, not the founders?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    to question it. But if a vast majority of people don't find use in it (I'm not saying that is the case) then why shouldn't it be considered to remove it?
    that's not going to happen unless people decide to contribute to the new thread with reviews and ratings.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast