Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do with VOB, etc. files?

In downloading movies I sometimes get a folder titled VIDEO_TS. In it are VOB, BUP and IFO files. Figuring these to be the contents of a DVD I copied them to a DVD disc to see if it would play the movie and it doesn't.

My question is, what do you do with these files?

Thanks....

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    download dvd player software like powerdvd,vlc etc
    either simply play the largesst files or
    burn them and load to program via disc

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I can play the VOB files (I have VLC) but I want to put them on a DVD. I have MyDVD Plus and Roxio. From what I've found out so far it seems the files that came with the VOBs are useless. Is that so? Only the VOBs can be used and they have to be converted to Mpg then back to VOB. Is that the way it works?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I never encountered this problem before but i was curious as to what i would do if i come across it in the future. I found this forum which was helpful.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/670617.html

i had the inclination that dvdshrink would help but i wasnt sure, but now i am.
    i hope that helps.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    jackwho's Avatar Smiling Assasin BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by captmilkdud View Post
    In downloading movies I sometimes get a folder titled VIDEO_TS. In it are VOB, BUP and IFO files. Figuring these to be the contents of a DVD I copied them to a DVD disc to see if it would play the movie and it doesn't.

My question is, what do you do with these files?

Thanks....
    make up two files and name one AUDIO_TS and the other VIDEO_TS then put ALL the files into the VIDEO_TS folder and leave the AUDIO_TS blank.

Then you copy these using nero etc and you can watch them on your dvd player.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Fortech's Avatar The Whole F'n Show BT Rep: +4
    -watch them on comp with some dvd player software
    or
    -burn onto a disc as jackwho said

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    honeyb's Avatar Member
    with downloads that have a video-ts folder (ie bup/ifo/vob files) you would use nero burning rom to burn them, theres a guide on how to do it here http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/40/59/ that explains step by step on how to do it.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thank you all so very much!!
    The link you gave me, DefianceX, was a keeper. Thanks!

I did as jackwho suggested. I used Roxio's Drag-to-Disc and just dragged them from my Windows' File Explorer to the icon in my Task bar and BOOM I have a DVD!!! Worked great!! WOOHOO!!

Thanks

I read a lot of posts referring to Nero. Is that the burner software to have?
    Last edited by captmilkdud; 02-03-2007 at 02:53 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i have both roxio and nero and find nero to burn far faster then roxio

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Nero is ok for some things, and its ok if you just want to copy the contents of a VIDEO_TS folder to make a dvd, but using it to create Dvd's and reencode avi's its pretty useless. It has a tendency to want to reencode everything into its own proprietary format and that sucks. Because of this, if you point it to a video_ts folder it will likely tell you theres not enough room on one disk because it wants to reencode into nero format and make it too big which is ridiculous. If you go into the Ahead folder and find Nero.exe and send a copy to the desktop, you can now start Nero Burning Rom directly without the start smart crap, then select dvd-video on the left and it will setup a blank video_ts folder for you to copy the files from the right pane to the left then select new and as long as the files are not over 4.38gig you can burn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast