Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Blu-ray movie released on BitTorrent

BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Ice Age 2: Meltdown makes history as the first Blu-ray Disc to wind up in the popular BitTorrent file-sharing community.

It's been reported that Ice Age 2: Meltdown has become the first Blu-ray movie disc to be leaked onto BitTorrent.

This comes on the heels of recent news noting how a user by the alias "Janvitos" had successfully beaten the AACS encryption methods on a "Lords of War" Blu-ray movie disc.

It really was just a matter of time before it made its way onto BitTorrent, just as its HD-DVD cousin did weeks prior.

It was muslix64 who successfully cracked HD-DVDs AACS encryption protections, and BitTorrent users worldwide quickly saw HD-DVD movie discs appear on The Pirate Bay and other BitTorrent tracker sites the world over.

HD-DVD movie discs leaked onto BitTorrent thus far include: Pitch Black, The Chronicle of Riddick, Batman Begins, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Oddly enough, The Pirate Bay lists a copy of the movie "Hostel" as being available for download in the Blu-ray movie disc format but, being that the entry's dated November 20th, 2006, long before Janvitos made public his methods for cracking its encryption protections, the likelihood of its authenticity is suspect at best.

This leaking of Ice Age 2: Meltdown still raises important questions about the real impact it will have on manufacturers and movie studios who release movies in this new High-Def format.

Weighing in at around 20+ GB in size, not only will downloading them take at least a day but, trying to seed them, even with an above average 72kB/s broadband connection speed, will take weeks if not months.

I think it will be quite sometime before my ISP upgrades it network enough to allow for connection speeds that will ever even near making transferring files of this size a possibility.

I think the movie studios know this and is the real reason why they haven't come out publicly with dire warnings for the future of this new High-Def disc format.

Source: http://www.zeropaid.com/news/8318/Fi...+on+BitTorrent
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 02-03-2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Refer to "How to Post News" for pictures... :-\

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Awsome.Has anyone atempted to download the huge 20gig files?

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I need that fiber optic internet connection...

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    im in canada and we got horrible speeds, im gonna make a deal with verizon to start selling FIOS here

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez View Post
    Awsome.Has anyone atempted to download the huge 20gig files?
    I've downloaded a couple of 20gig torrents before. Real bitch to seed back though, when your up speed is 256k.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Dl from newsgroups 5 to 7 hours no seeding lol

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    how much difference is there in quality? isn't a dvd good enough?

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy View Post
    im in canada and we got horrible speeds, im gonna make a deal with verizon to start selling FIOS here
    I might have to partner up with you, I just live a couple hours away from Canada.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by totalwar View Post
    TotalWar, didn't you recently get set up with that 20-24Mbit connection DSL in the UK? Why on earth would it take 5-7 hours on a 24Mbit connection with usenet, when I get nearly 4GB an hour on an 8Mbit!?

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by totalwar View Post
    TotalWar, didn't you recently get set up with that 20-24Mbit connection DSL in the UK? Why on earth would it take 5-7 hours on a 24Mbit connection with usenet, when I get nearly 4GB an hour on an 8Mbit!?
    No it up to 24mbit so I get 18Mbit have to be on top of your exchange to get full 24Mbit and which is the best thing about them is there upload 130kbs.Good Isp though https://www.bethere.co.uk/ free phone support forum for any problems you might get and only £24.99p per month.Best ISP I been with over the years.No traffic shaping as well do have a FUP but not enforced as yet been going for nearly two years.
    Last edited by totalwar; 02-08-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast