Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: why is that!

marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    HELLO..i have something 2 ask u..especially..those anti traders..well..i have seen some threads in the invite section sayin that this giveaway is for anti traders only who never did a trade in their life..may i ask why is that..i myself trade from time 2 time..but why not retired traders..i mean..why do you ppl treat people who traded before as they are with a disease that would never be gone..heck..i say that u should treat all ppl fair n square..as long as u know n trust the people..its not hard for some1 to make dupes n one for trading and 1 for fake anti trading..invites are given 2 those who u know and trust..not for a anti-trader or whatever..

just a thought i wanted 2 share..
    Been There, Done That

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    maxehhh's Avatar Downloader BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I don't have a clue why they do that :S it's stupid

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    It's their invites they can give them to whoever they want. Are you unhappy? Do yourself a giveaway only for traders lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    As far as the whole trading/not trading movement going on I see it like this:

1. Everybody wants to be a millionaire.
    2. Not everyone can be a millionaire.
    3. Some people choose to get a job and work towards becoming a millionaire.
    4. Others decide to canvas for donations (eg. beg) to become millionaires.
    5. In the end not everybody will become a millionaire, but most will profit.

At the end of the day, the employed workers tell the hippies to get a job. The hippies rant on about being controlled by "the man" and tell the working stiffs to liberate themselves. Total war erupts, LSD is probably involved, etc, etc, etc....

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    beat's Avatar Square BT Rep: +4
    LSD

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Mike_007's Avatar Ratio 1.18 BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    it is just a show, dun you understand?
    the 2 most "beautiful" words in 2007 is : "retire" and "anti-trader".

and bro, please calm down and be quiet.
    lets enjoy this show
    You're nice to me, I'm nice to you.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxehhh View Post
    I don't have a clue why they do that :S it's stupid
    It isn't stupid.

I've seen far too many members proclaim to be "retired" when its convenient for them, or when they are simply between trades. If you trade, then go work for your accounts - don't ask me for them. The last thing I'm going to do is give an invite to someone who is known to trade. It's almost certain that that account will be traded once if not more. I don't risk my own accounts by issuing invites to members who will use the invite or account as leverage to trade to another member that may or may not be trustworthy.

If you're against trading, good for you. You're one of the good guys. If you're against trading and only give invites to people you know, welcome to the elite minority. You're one of those that helps in the effort of making file sharing safe. Thank you.

The anti-trader giveaways are not that much better than trading though when you get right down to it. The point here is to invite trustworthy members. Trading or giving away invites is the same thing if you still don't even know the person.

If I don't know you, you aren't getting an invite from me, anti-trader or not.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    [quote=Skizo;2222530]
    Quote Originally Posted by maxehhh View Post
    If I don't know you, you aren't getting an invite from me, anti-trader or not.
    word..giving away to an anti-trader u dont know is just like trading or giving away to a trader..they are all the same risk
    Been There, Done That

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    My name is Bob im a recovering tradeaholic

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    why bother? you get into tracker by trading, so why don't you continue doing what you believe in?

trading is fun, right? all that adrenaline rush

yes it is probably easy to make duplicate accounts here on filesharing talk, but that is why most people often stay away from giving away mass amounts of invites. This is the reason for the mass declination of giveaways and stuff, but it still doesn't prevent the "good" folks to give invites privately via pms or IM

this new anti-trading phenomenon is just another way for people to get what they want. They fall on the bandwagon and follow their "leaders." They see what most people are doing, and they take advice from them.
    That's a good thing, right?

Wrong. If you are so "anti-trading," why don't you just shut the fuck about it and mind your own business. It's nice to see you protesting traders and positively influencing a newcomer, but you are also exaggerating this ideal with all your signatures, posts, and all that crap.

Oh, and how could I not mention the suck ups. there are way too many of them, and wow, are they just fucking annoying. you may appreciate another's generosity, but think of them as the pinnacle of the world is just retarded.
    Last edited by SpiderPig; 08-23-2007 at 03:04 AM.
    No Whining

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast