Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Count

apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    wudnt that be a more effective parameter in deciding whose to be in here or not? Post count of 500 in just gonna lead to flame wars and spam in the BT main section ... We do need more ppl who can come up with more innovative ideas for thread topics so that this section isnt littered with topics like ur largest buffer,tracker u want the most, TL Vs ScT etc ...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    then come up with better ideas smart pants

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    From the looks of it u use some translator to post here and/or read the posts posted here .. The thread topic is the fucking Idea dimwit .. rather than having 500 posts we have a requirement like min 20 threads should have been started by the user in this forum to gain entry in this sub section ...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    We do need more ppl who can come up with more innovative ideas for thread topics so that this section isnt littered with topics like ur largest buffer,tracker u want the most, TL Vs ScT etc ...
    don't even get me started i don't actually i don't care.. what the hell

i don't even bother
    Last edited by Swift; 04-03-2009 at 08:35 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    The people with high thread counts are the ones that make a new thread for giveaways instead of altering/bumping their old one, and people who trade. Thread count doesn't relate to thread quality.

I don't see why everyone's so concerned about people abusing the requirements to access a lounge that non-regulars probably won't even use.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Honestly, I've always been a believer in avg post per day versus straight up post count. If someone has been here for 4 years and only have 500 post then I don't think they deserve to be in this section anymore than the dude that has 300 post but only has been here for three months. A happy median between post count and post average would work ok imho.
    Last edited by Sanka113; 04-04-2009 at 05:50 AM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Honestly, I've always been a believer in avg post per day versus straight up post count. If someone has been here for 4 years and only have 500 post then I don't think they deserve to be in this section anymore than the dude that has 300 post but only has been here for three months. A happy median between post count and post average would work ok imho.
    Are you suggesting that a long standing member who posts irregularly but eruditely should be considered less of an asset to FST than a numpty that posts nice ga or good luck all over the place?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    The people with high thread counts are the ones that make a new thread for giveaways instead of altering/bumping their old one, and people who trade. Thread count doesn't relate to thread quality.

I don't see why everyone's so concerned about people abusing the requirements to access a lounge that non-regulars probably won't even use.
    It can be easily configured to ignore those threads if thats the case .. As you can see from the situation new thread topics are in dire need of .. I was under the assumption that rules were debatable and hence i suggested it .. It thst isnt the case i shall delete this thread as it serves to further purpose ..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    It can be easily configured to ignore those threads if thats the case ..
    No, it isn't. But like T.S.O.L told you, it's not a good idea anyway.

Some excellent members never even started a single thread.
    Last edited by KFlint; 04-08-2009 at 07:38 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Are you suggesting that a long standing member who posts irregularly but eruditely should be considered less of an asset to FST than a numpty that posts nice ga or good luck all over the place?
    No I think someone who has been using the forum recently is should be valued more than someone who use to post several years ago and merely is a lurker now. Looks like 250 post is the requirement to get in now anyways.
    See ya in another life, brother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast