Thread: Chrome security issue on TL

slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Sawp,

I switched back to Chrome today from Firefox. I can't take the memory leak and crappy performance anymore. I'm sure in a few days I'll be sick of Chrome and switch back

Anyway, so I visited TL just now from my bookmark, which goes directly to browse.php.

No FF means no no-script and no adblock, which kinda sucks. So anyway, when I visit TL tonight, the big red screen security warning came up, it partially hosed my Chrome, and then acrobat reader launched then crashed, or there was a launch attempt or something.

Anyone else experience this or know anything about it? I can't imagine TL doing something like this, but you never know. Maybe it is one of the ads on the page.

slim-

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Are you using FF3, the memory leaks were a problem with 2 but the speed of FF3 is far superior, of course performance is also affected by the add-ons you have loaded, but the 'crappy' performance is not an issue with 3 and it is a far more secure browser.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Ya, 3. The memory leaks are a problem with 3 too! Leave it open for 2-3 days and watch the usage soar. Don't get me wrong, I love FF, I just get sick of it sometimes. I'm more interested if anyone has had this TL issue.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Have you tried the latest Opera?

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

Fast, reliable no memory leaks. And the best thing of all...

100/100 and pixel-perfect on the Acid3 test
    Live long and prosper.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thrillerboy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    nope...... using chrome for a while....... never faced a prob with TL, also I prefer chrome nowadays, My firefox has more than 20 add-ons, so undoubtedly slow :/

Chrome just rocks IMAO. This is too good for their first beta release. Try going from homepage --> login --> then browse

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillerboy View Post
    nope...... using chrome for a while....... never faced a prob with TL, also I prefer chrome nowadays, My firefox has more than 20 add-ons, so undoubtedly slow :/

Chrome just rocks IMAO. This is too good for their first beta release. Try going from homepage --> login --> then browse
    lol well couldn't you just disable the add-ons that are not worth the speed loss? That of all things shouldn't be a reason to stop using FF..

I myself have never tried Chrome, cause I'm used to and happy with FF3.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 12-16-2008 at 03:54 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I also experienced this at TL. Comodo firewall went crazy with warnings from one of the ads. It tried to access Acrobat reader and it also tried to connect with a very odd looking url.I wish I had the logs so I can say the exact url. Unfortunately, I think this is the Ad company's problem and there probably isnt much TL can do about it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thrillerboy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillerboy View Post

lol well couldn't you just disable the add-ons that are not worth the speed loss? That of all things shouldn't be a reason to stop using FF..

I myself have never tried Chrome, cause I'm used to and happy with FF3.
    I'm a web designer myself, So, I've use those web developer related add-ons, even I know it slows down firefox! I've to live with it