Thread: Weird Emails

Ok so a little bit ago I get an email from Oink saying I've requested to change my password and to click it to confirm, which I did not so following the directions in the email, I just ignore it.

Two minutes later I get an email invitation to some random site called scnacxes A few minutes past that some random person emails me stating that they have access there and invited me and is requesting access to Oink.

Now, I dont know the person, nor the site. Is that site even legitimate? I replied to the person whom of which I have never seen anywhere before that I never heard of Oink and cant help them. What do you all think, is that kind of odd or am I just paranoid?

I've also just noticed that the url is blocked. I dont want to reveal the exact url because obviously its filtered out for a reason but anyone who knows of the site and has information about it will obviously know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by reaktor; 10-23-2007 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Blocked Name?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    didn't u read the announcement made at oink abt a month ago? I was a member at OinK at that time and they have clearly mentioned not to click on any link regarding password change on OiNK, its just used to hack u r account on OiNK, these mails are'nt sent by OiNK anyways!!!!

My Advice:

READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS TO AVOID THE RISK OF YOU GETTING U R ACCOUNT DISABLED FOR ANY REASON (UNFORTUNATELY I DIDN'T KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WHICH I PAID THE PRICE i.e I GOT MY PRECIOUS OINK ACCOUNT DISABLED)

Be careful or u will lose u r account
    Last edited by raj3186; 10-23-2007 at 06:17 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Yep. Sounds phishy to me. The url is blocked eh? I would scan my system if I were you.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by reaktor View Post
    Ok so a little bit ago I get an email from Oink saying I've requested to change my password and to click it to confirm, which I did not so following the directions in the email, I just ignore it.

Two minutes later I get an email invitation to some random site called scnacxes A few minutes past that some random person emails me stating that they have access there and invited me and is requesting access to Oink.

Now, I dont know the person, nor the site. Is that site even legitimate? I replied to the person whom of which I have never seen anywhere before that I never heard of Oink and cant help them. What do you all think, is that kind of odd or am I just paranoid?

I've also just noticed that the url is blocked. I dont want to reveal the exact url because obviously its filtered out for a reason but anyone who knows of the site and has information about it will obviously know what I'm talking about.

Clicking that link set in motion a chain of events that triggered the IFPI to contact the local authorities and well......the rest is history!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reaktor View Post

Clicking that link set in motion a chain of events that triggered the IFPI to contact the local authorities and well......the rest is history!
    OMG nothing like making the guy feel guilty for his crimes eh?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I didnt click any links heh, feels like no one read the details of the post, all I did was ignore the email as the directions of the email stated.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    well someone clicked the link! how else can you explain what happened today?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    well someone clicked the link! how else can you explain what happened today?

lol