Thread: Kick Out The Jammies

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I've just been listening to the local Talkback radio show presented by Stephen Nolan on BBC Radio Ulster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland...me/index.shtml

A West Belfast Housing Association has banned the wearing of pyjamas publically, in or around it's properties, by it's tenants.

There's a phenomenon in West Belfast where a certain kind of lady will go to the local shops in her PJs and slippers for sundry items. Apparently this lowers the tone of the area and can now result in said tenant losing their homes.

While I agree that it's not altogether aesthetically pleasing, I fail to see the harm in this unless the jammies have swastikas on them or something equally crass. What's next, knee-cappings for sticking your head outside in your rollers?

Seems the Fashion Police are gaining power.
    Last edited by chalice; 10-19-2007 at 02:55 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I am in a way quite pleased that radio Ulster has nothing more serious to worry about than women wearing their pyjamas around town

Surely this is less of a problem as winter approaches. Radio Ulster should cash in, and donate free fluffy dressing-gowns adorned with the "Radio Ulster" logo (if there is one) to people if they want them

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    I've just been listening to the local Talkback radio show presented by Stephen Nolan on BBC Radio Ulster.

A West Belfast Housing Association has banned the wearing of Pyjamas publically, in or around it's properties, by it's tennants.

There's a phenomenon in West Belfast where a certain kind of lady will go to the local shops in her PJs and slippers for sundry items. Apparently this lowers the tone of the area and can now result in said tennant losing their homes.

While I agree that it's not altogether aesthetically pleasing, I fail to see the harm in this unless the jammies have swastikas on them or something equally crass. What's next, knee-cappings for sticking your head outside in your rollers?

Some Asian people wear clothes that are similar to pyjamas. Will that not create a problem for the Fashion Police?

Sorry, I forgot. They have different rules than we have.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    Man, that sucks. I remember back at first college, many girls wore pajamas to class. It was fun for all and comfy esp at 7am lectures.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I think there's a big difference between nubile students turning up to lectures in silky two-pieces, and Mrs Pikey popping down the shops for her morning packet of fags in some kind of Primark heavy-duty cotton ensemble

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    This is a creeping Merkinisation thing.

SGG has a friend over in San Fransico that she has stayed with a couple of times and she came back majorly impressed with PJs to the mall etc., - although the head of the local highschool has tried to stop PJs to school (with limited success apparently)

Would have thought the clothes industry would be dismayed by this turn of events
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I think there's a big difference between nubile students turning up to lectures in silky two-pieces, and Mrs Pikey popping down the shops for her morning packet of fags in some kind of Primark heavy-duty cotton ensemble
    Five posts before sex came into it. Must be a record.

You forgot the Pikey would wearing rollers.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

A West Belfast Housing Association has banned the wearing of Pyjamas publically, in or around it's properties, by it's tennants.

There's a phenomenon in West Belfast where a certain kind of lady will go to the local shops in her PJs and slippers for sundry items. Apparently this lowers the tone of the area and can now result in said tennant losing their homes.

I agree, whilst it may not be exactly pleasing on the eye what difference does it make so long as they are conforming to the normal rules of decency. Covering up their bits and so forth.

If you were to walk to the shops wearing Football shorts and a vest and nowt else would this same rule apply. If not then the rule is nonsensical and one would think unenforceable.

I see the racist element felt compelled to comment. Any excuse it would appear.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    You can now download the podcast from this morning's programme.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/...71019-1249.mp3

Fecking hilarious. Gives one a keen insight as to why we've been blowing the feck out of each other for centuries.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Cheers