Thread: Making usenet requests

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hey, how can I make a usenet post request?

I went to http://www.alt-bin.com/index.php?pg=cmd and found a list of commands. I hopped on an efnet server and joined #altbin. I then messaged the Alt-Bin bot with some of the commands but it didn't respond. Am I missing a step?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    You know out of all the repeated topics you've actually gone to the trouble to Google it. Well done!

What commands did you do?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    dont msg alt bin just put the command in the channel

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Ok, I'm trying to request a HD movie. I connected to irc://irc.mindspring.com:6660 and joined #altbin. I used the -help command but someone told me it only works in altbin's child channels (wasn't much more help after that). I then joined #a.b.hdtv.x264 (because I see movies on binsearch with this in their tag such as https://www.binsearch.info/?b=the.lo...ldwin)&max=250 )

I used the -help command but there's no response (and not "Alt-Bin" bot either).

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hey mbucari1

I just made a guide on how to request stuff in the IRC channels. Seen people ask many times about how to request, hopefully this will help

It is very detailed, should explain all you need to know. You can find it here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...uff-irc-351356
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 05-19-2009 at 05:58 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Thank god, saves me teh trouble of making one, thanks
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Once it is approved I will probably go back and make it better soon. Will also be writing guides on how to search, configuring altbinz (maybe sabnzbd too) and perhaps some other guides. I want to cover the whole usenet experience, most guides up there now are quite outdated.
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 05-18-2009 at 06:48 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Well I would start with the free clients first, since I would assume most people start with those, just a suggestion.
    [center]

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    Will also be writing guides on how to search, configuring altbinz (maybe sabnzbd too) and perhaps some other guides.
    Sounds good! Anything about the history?

You should probably start with SABnzbd, it's cross-platform (Win/Mac/Linux*)

*Or anywhere where you can run Python (Including the iPhone )
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    Will also be writing guides on how to search, configuring altbinz (maybe sabnzbd too) and perhaps some other guides.
    Sounds good! Anything about the history?

You should probably start with SABnzbd, it's cross-platform (Win/Mac/Linux*)

*Or anywhere where you can run Python (Including the iPhone )
    Well if you go here and see my post second one, it covers alot what is NZB, Newsgroups, PARS, but there already guides also written about that in the Tut section.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...servers-332959

I'll be adding the guide in the tuts section as well.
    [center]