Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Better Internet or seedbox?

forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hello everyone..

i am new to torrents...

i can spend 80 $ usd per month on internet..

My net speed is 256 kilobits per sec...(20$)

i want to but a new seed box

i a saw that ovh provides server for 46$(25 pounds)

but my isp has offerred me 1 mbps optical fiber at 75 $(speeds can jump to 5-6 mbps at off-peak times around 9-10 hours)

i was in a bit confusion that which to take .............

either to take the seedbox (46) + my net@256(20$) =66 $ or to take the 1mbps line.........75 $

please help me........

my hard disk is 320 gb now i am getting 1 tb more by next month.......
    Last edited by forthat; 06-09-2008 at 02:44 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Well, if your interested in keeping a good ratio on whatever tracker your on, or will use the seedbox for other stuff. If your interested in getting stuff faster yourself, then go for the 1Mbps.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Seedboxes are only good if you can actually get the data back to your home computer. By your current 256k is that your download speed? If so, I would pay to upgrade through your isp. If your current downstream is a few mbps with unlimited downloads back to the house.. then I would take the seedbox route..

GL

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    superclover's Avatar Weezy Baby
    i would say definitly go for the home connection, you dont know how good it is to be able to seed and download torrents grom home. i used to be able to but now i cant at all
    ooooooooh! i get it, this is the part where i brag about what trackers i am on!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post
    Seedboxes are only good if you can actually get the data back to your home computer. By your current 256k is that your download speed? If so, I would pay to upgrade through your isp. If your current downstream is a few mbps with unlimited downloads back to the house.. then I would take the seedbox route..

GL
    right now i has 256 kbps up and down both at same speed..........

but 1 mbps will be at up and down simultaneously ....

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    Hmm, thats a tough call

I would probably upgrade at home, if it were me. Simply because 256kbps is too slow to download stuff. With so many sites having seed bonuses etc, keeping a ratio shouldn't be a problem with 1mbps.

If you get the seedbox you're going to have monster buffers at all your sites but it will still take you 4x as long to download that movie or tv show that you want to watch TONIGHT.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    waki's Avatar HA!
    i suggest to take the better home connection. you can easily seed back stuff with an 1000kbps upstream
    you can't spell ballin' without allin

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by forthat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdogp View Post

GL
    right now i has 256 kbps up and down both at same speed..........

but 1 mbps will be at up and down simultaneously ....
    i can understand ur problem mate becoz both frm same root. don't spend too much on internet becoz here ISP offers very low speeds go for seedbox. BTW in which city u live it depends on that whether to invest in seedbox or internet
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    take the home pipe. you will be able to actually download files from your trackers much faster and don't have to transfer them from your seedbox with slow speed.

1mbit up is enough to have an excellent ratio on every tracker. don't worry about that.

if you don't want to download warez, but rather enjoy buffering your accounts for invites, great ratios and to help your fellow members - well, then take the box.

my egoistic proposal would be of course to take the seedbox, because every single seedbox makes me download faster.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    are you sure it's bits this time, not bytes.......

anyways, go for the home connection.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast