Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How balsamic vinegar nearly just killed me....

Be aware of the dangers of balsamic vinegar. I'm at my g/f's and tried my hand at making a nice onion and red-wine jam thing recipe i found on the net.

All was going well until i added the red wine, and then some balsamic vinegar. I guess it was the fumes from that that set off the fire alarm. I tried to turn it off, but there was no button. I tried to rip it off, that wasnt happening either. Then the gas turned off. The alarm was sooo loud, and i was worried the sprinklers would go off, which would definitely mean no sex for a long time.

In Beijing, everyone lives in apartment blocks. My g/f is lucky to live in one of the best here (as am i for the time being ).

I tried to use the intercom thingy to get the security and maintenance up, bt couldnt figure it out.

Imagine my surprise (more to the point, i nearly shit myslef and let out a highly girly scream) when i open the door to go downstairs and some fuckers weilding an axe towards me. Luckily, jimbo12345 is in 1 piece still.

Apparently they had knocked, but cos of the alarm, i didnt here them. So they were about to make tinderwood of the door/my skull.

SO, never cook with balsamic vinegar, or if you do, in a well ventalated place. Fact.

My heart is still pounding now...and the food taste likes shite.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    you could have just put some on some chips lyke

3. Lounge   -   #3
    i was trying to impress the missus....all very well having my clitoral wings now, but lil' jimbo12345 feels he deserves more felatio time.

Though, havinh text her, she aint to pleased, as she thinks i nearly burnt the place down.

Oh well, i'll meet her in the middle. Angry sex it is.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    Wasted red wine as well - too bad.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by popopot View Post
    Wasted red wine as well - too bad.
    See, not really. We had a bottle of Chilean that didnt taste so good, so i did what i usually did and put it in a freezer tray and froze it. I usually add to gravies and the such, and thus stops wasting wine and always on hand if i wanna cook.

It was the vinegars fault...i thought it had a server top, but it was wide open, so my "splash" turned into a tidalwave.

Sod it, i'm in China. I have all the foods from around the world deliverable for less than a few pounds.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Can you get Chinese delivered as well in China? o_O

I'm only asking because in the UK you don't get anyone delivering Yorkshire pudding, or bangers and mash.

So just wondering...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Have you tried dog?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    yeah, it's not common for people to cook here. In beijing theres other 20,000 Chinese restaurants alone. I regulary order in, though a lot of the stuff on Chinese menus in the UK are solely for the Brits, kinda like most indian dishes there.

I can get what you'd guys call a chinese banquet for about a pound, delivered in 20 mins. And it's a million times better than back home. Plus, although China's got a lot of food scares, we only use the best restaurants.

Mcdonalds in the best. I can call up for 1 Big Mac burger, and someone will be at my door within 10 mins, or it's free. No delivery fees. Greatr place for stoners.

The pizzas here are immense also.

Plus, Japanese, Thai, Afghan, Indonesian, Malay restaurants are all over the place, and soo good. I have lived and been all over the world, and this place beats them all for food.

AND GREAT BEERS!! Saying that, i had a well welcomed Wifebeater last night. Though most of us dring Erdinger.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by popopot View Post
    Have you tried dog?
    Yeah, though it's normally at the Korean bbq restaurants. They have a bbq in the middle of the table (indoors) with a huge vent. YOu order all the food raw, veg etc, and cook it yourself.

The local supermarket near here, my Italian friend once went in and bought what he thought was a pre-cooked chicken. Twas a lil' dog.

Not into dog meat though, but try everyting once!

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Do they use MSG, or is that just a special treat for us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast