Thread: Disabled Privileges

scampthedog's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hi.
    Earlier I has someone offer me s*t for my tvto**ents.ro acc. Thought it was a bit sus so I said middleman or you go first. He did not reply. Checked his profile and he was new (3 posts) and had 1 rep point from another user saying he was scammed by him. I noticed the user I was sus on had made a post in another thread offering a trade. I PM’ed the user with my concerns and that user stated that the noobie has tried to scam him as well.

I therefore reported it to the mods via the report section.

A few hours ago I noticed the user post 2 messages in threads offering trades. I left messages in the threads saying the user is a scammer and that I had reported him. I did this so no one else scammed by the cheat. I considered starting a new thread advising of the scammer but thought this may be overboard. I know how much it sucks being scammed as I had my best account scammed from me 2 weeks ago. Before I posted these messages I did check the 4 mods but they were all offline.

I logged on earlier and found out my privileges have been disabled due to ‘public accusation’ by Schizo. I am hoping that given the circumstances my punishment can be reversed.

I shall wait for a decision. I’m off to bed now and am sort of expecting to wake up banned due to questioning a mod. I did try to email Schizo but it stated he was not accepting emails. I got introblke once before for 'inviting spam' and was told by rossco (mod) to deal with it in the forum. Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Nice reading.. Why do we need?
    Isn't it something between you and the mods.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    DPs = PM disabled.

Do keep up at the back.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by scampthedog View Post
    Hi.
    Earlier I has someone offer me s*t for my tvto**ents.ro acc. Thought it was a bit sus so I said middleman or you go first. He did not reply. Checked his profile and he was new (3 posts) and had 1 rep point from another user saying he was scammed by him. I noticed the user I was sus on had made a post in another thread offering a trade. I PM’ed the user with my concerns and that user stated that the noobie has tried to scam him as well.

I therefore reported it to the mods via the report section.

A few hours ago I noticed the user post 2 messages in threads offering trades. I left messages in the threads saying the user is a scammer and that I had reported him. I did this so no one else scammed by the cheat. I considered starting a new thread advising of the scammer but thought this may be overboard. I know how much it sucks being scammed as I had my best account scammed from me 2 weeks ago. Before I posted these messages I did check the 4 mods but they were all offline.

I logged on earlier and found out my privileges have been disabled due to ‘public accusation’ by Schizo. I am hoping that given the circumstances my punishment can be reversed.

I shall wait for a decision. I’m off to bed now and am sort of expecting to wake up banned due to questioning a mod. I did try to email Schizo but it stated he was not accepting emails. I got introblke once before for 'inviting spam' and was told by rossco (mod) to deal with it in the forum. Thanks.
    Your problem is that you don't think the rules apply to you. Like this one for example:

Rule 14 - Mod/Admin Decisions
    Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and any such discussion or questioning will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM) or create a thread in the Report Section.
    Or this one from the sticky thread:

Dealing With Invite Scammers and Cheaters

* Make a Report in the Report Section for Staff to look into.
    * Post screenshots and any proof that you might have.
    * Scammers will be BANNED from the site permanently.
    * Cheaters will have invite access REMOVED.
    * DO NOT troll members around the forum.
    Different infractions are "worth" different amounts of points depending on the severity of the infraction. If you had posted that above mentioned thread accusing someone, I would have given you 5 points to expire in 7 days, which would disable you from accessing the Invites section for that duration. Standard infraction. Since I only saw the one post, I only gave you 3 points and deleted the post. But again, since you don't believe the rules apply to you and like to ignore them, you have two other recent infractions which carry their own points. Since one of those has yet to expire, you have crossed that 5 point mark which disables your account.

I suggest you take this time to read the rules and prevent any further action taken against your account. The rules are simple and very well laid out.

If you have any questions, you should also post them in the correct sections. This one should have been posted in 'Everything Related to the Board' or the 'Report' section.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    MsBrooke's Avatar Member
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Your problem is that you don't think the rules apply to you. Like this one for example:

Rule 14 - Mod/Admin Decisions
    Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and any such discussion or questioning will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM) or create a thread in the Report Section.
    Or this one from the sticky thread:

Dealing With Invite Scammers and Cheaters

* Make a Report in the Report Section for Staff to look into.
    * Post screenshots and any proof that you might have.
    * Scammers will be BANNED from the site permanently.
    * Cheaters will have invite access REMOVED.
    * DO NOT troll members around the forum.
    Different infractions are "worth" different amounts of points depending on the severity of the infraction. If you had posted that above mentioned thread accusing someone, I would have given you 5 points to expire in 7 days, which would disable you from accessing the Invites section for that duration. Standard infraction. Since I only saw the one post, I only gave you 3 points and deleted the post. But again, since you don't believe the rules apply to you and like to ignore them, you have two other recent infractions which carry their own points. Since one of those has yet to expire, you have crossed that 5 point mark which disables your account.

I suggest you take this time to read the rules and prevent any further action taken against your account. The rules are simple and very well laid out.

If you have any questions, you should also post them in the correct sections. This one should have been posted in 'Everything Related to the Board' or the 'Report' section.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    LOL @ cheaters will have invite access removed.

No ban???