Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best isp in Toronto Canada?

♥ FST Lover ♥ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

Arrow

Ok guys .. Rogers ultra lite is fu*king around with me when im at home .. (exclude network connection speeds at work)... i get really crap speeds and i heard this is because they throttle bittorrent traffic. I'm thinking of getting a new isp that doesnt throttle bittorrent traffic and doesnt either in the future for a good price..since i dont spend much time home, therefore i use my workplace connection, which is pretty fast as you can see in my signature. i still need a reliable connection at home as well....regardless ...and Rogers just isnt kicking it ...

im looking for these qualities:

-unlimited downloading ..no capping
    -At least 100 kB/s download speeds
    -NO THROTTLING
    -Reasonable price .. i would say around 30 Bucks CAD a month (canadian dollors ...)
    -Good customer service .. well "OK" customer service ...

Any ideas guys ? thinking of Bell Sympatico .. but rumours have it they will throttle in the future ...and i think they're pretty expensive ...

Any help or comments or suggestions are more than welcome ..Thanks

Wishing for: SweDVDR

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I Run It
    When i lived in Canada, I was a project manager at Bell Canada on Bay St., and I have to say Rogers are fucken assholes

They have the possibility to reach 300Mbit speeds on the cable line, i am not joking around, me and my team, researched them, and tested the ISP as much as we can.

Also for the price your asking you wont find anything like that

Your best choice would be to go with Bell, and sign up for a light DSL plan and wait for Fiber to come to your area or at least increase your monthly allowance to at least 55 CAD.

Another option would be to get a proxy or VPN or Server or VPS and bypass the throttling by FTP @ your internet plans top speed depending on the location of the server and routing.
    Last edited by XS75; 10-25-2007 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spelling b1tch

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ♥ FST Lover ♥ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i agree with the 300 mbit speeds.. even when im using rogers ultra lit now at home .. when i download from rapidshare .. i see speeds like 600 kB/s .. then it easily drops back to like 32kB/s ....

thing is rumours have it that bell will be throttling speeds in the future

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I Run It
    Bell wont throttle but they will place bandwidth restrictions if they havnt already.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    GO with bell, they wont throttle ya

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    they're cheapest cost for a DSL line is around 30 bucks CAD i think, 1 mbit speed i believe ..and thats only basic DSL

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Bell wont throttle but they will place bandwidth restrictions if they havnt already.
    any ideas on what the restrictions are? thanks
    Last edited by MrLazy; 10-25-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I Run It
    /me needs a minimum 8Mbit at all times

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    /me needs a minimum 8Mbit at all times
    got ya maybe i will go with bell .. im moving by the end of the month to a location thats pretty close to their office ..so my speeds should be pretty good its all about the damn cost ..

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Bell has really one of the worst customer service
    Whenever I have a problem I have to fix it myself as their support is literally zero
    Bell never throttles the bandwidth and if you fight with the cust support long enough they wont tap your bandwidth

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    bell doesnt sound very pleasing from your point of view ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast