Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you maintain multiple accounts?

saimer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Not sure if this question had been asked. But I had this question in mind for quite a while.

I'm used to have only one movie tracker for HD movies, and am very happy with it. Lately I was looking for some good appz/ebook/e-learning tracker as I was so tired of spending days to dl infected/fake packs from public tracker. So I joined TL. Then yesterday I got hit by luck (or not?), signed in BMTV, also learnbits. Didn't find much interested stuff in both TL or learnbits though. So I may continue to look for other sites, i.e. BitMe(?) or ScT(?), not sure if they have the contents I need. None of these sites is easy to seed though.

While hanging around here, saw many members have many trackers. So I'd like to ask for the tips - if I don't want to pay for the seedbox, with around 50-80k up speed, and can't seed 7/24 all the time, is it possible to maintain multiple accounts including above mentioned?

Appreciate any of your comments.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Just manage your torrents effectively. Be wary of your bandwidth/space limitations; you may not be able to download everything you want at once, so you may need to plan out what you download preemptively. A lot of trackers just require you to browse the page to maintain activity, but just to be safe try to run a torrent on each of your trackers per week.

The main thing to avoid is overextending yourself; downloading too much and not being able to seed it back. If you avoid that, I think you'll be able to handle it.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    just try and consolidate

1 0-day tracker
    1 tv tracker maybe
    1 music tracker

this way you dont have to worry about distributing your bandwidth and all that crap. just download what you want and let it go. the more trackers you have the more time you will waste filling a redundant cycle of ultimate pointlessness

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    just try and consolidate

1 0-day tracker
    1 tv tracker maybe
    1 music tracker

this way you dont have to worry about distributing your bandwidth and all that crap. just download what you want and let it go. the more trackers you have the more time you will waste filling a redundant cycle of ultimate pointlessness
    You will still have to manage your bandwidth, even on one site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Can you be more specific on managing bandwidth integral? Even joined the tracker for more than 9 mths, I feel myself still a newbie to torrenting. I'm currently seeding almost all movies downloaded since day 1, which will cause the space issue sooner or later. But not sure which one I should delete first to site's favorite.

Also thanks kooftspc11, that's my plan - once sort out the sites in need, I'll stick to them, and be a good member there.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by saimer View Post
    Can you be more specific on managing bandwidth integral? Even joined the tracker for more than 9 mths, I feel myself still a newbie to torrenting. I'm currently seeding almost all movies downloaded since day 1, which will cause the space issue sooner or later. But not sure which one I should delete first to site's favorite.

Also thanks kooftspc11, that's my plan - once sort out the sites in need, I'll stick to them, and be a good member there.
    Managing your bandwidth pretty much means using it efficiently; for example, if you download 5GB worth of data from new torrents on a tracker in one day, but your upload speed is too small to seed back fast enough, you might only be able to seed back 3GB, not close to a 1:1 ratio. So managing your bandwidth means downloading stuff you are positive you can seed back to a 1:1 ratio, or even more.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    just try and consolidate

1 0-day tracker
    1 tv tracker maybe
    1 music tracker

not really....time trumps any sort of management necessary to maintain a good ratio

for me anyways

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I just visit the trackers I might use so that the accounts don't get disabled by inactivity. As for how to survive on trackers, well partial seeding may work on some trackers but not on all of them. A good example is BitmeTV. It's very hard to seed there. So do the same as how it was at Oink. The best way to survive is by uploading your own stuff or getting something from somewhere else and seeding it at this tough to seed sites.

However having to worry about ratio or having to worry about how keep a good ratio at a tracker is not my thing. That's why I rather use Usenet or Rapidshare forums before having to use torrents.

Now, on trackers like ScT "if there are others like it" are almost imposible to seed because their pre times are fast so getting stuff somewhere to seed there is an option but is not as efficient. By the time you start seeding there, there are lots of seeders already. I have never seen speeds as fast as the speeds of ScT. You could download at 4 Megabytes/s but only upload at 2-3kB/s. I'm not joking!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Managing your bandwidth pretty much means using it efficiently; for example, if you download 5GB worth of data from new torrents on a tracker in one day, but your upload speed is too small to seed back fast enough, you might only be able to seed back 3GB, not close to a 1:1 ratio. So managing your bandwidth means downloading stuff you are positive you can seed back to a 1:1 ratio, or even more.
    Never thought this way before My oldest torrent was from Oct. 2007, and the ratio is only 0.792. Had some torrents from Nov. 2007 and rations are still lower than 0.5. FL and bonus points are the reasons I survive in HDBits.

Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I just visit the trackers I might use so that the accounts don't get disabled by inactivity. As for how to survive on trackers, well partial seeding may work on some trackers but not on all of them. A good example is BitmeTV. It's very hard to seed there. So do the same as how it was at Oink. The best way to survive is by uploading your own stuff or getting something from somewhere else and seeding it at this tough to seed sites.

However having to worry about ratio or having to worry about how keep a good ratio at a tracker is not my thing. That's why I rather use Usenet or Rapidshare forums before having to use torrents.

Now, on trackers like ScT "if there are others like it" are almost imposible to seed because their pre times are fast so getting stuff somewhere to seed there is an option but is not as efficient. By the time you start seeding there, there are lots of seeders already. I have never seen speeds as fast as the speeds of ScT. You could download at 4 Megabytes/s but only upload at 2-3kB/s. I'm not joking!
    Guess I'd better stay away from ScT then. Do they have FL there? And how about BitMe?

Don't understand what's the point to download from somewhere else and seed there (though I'm doing so to boost ratio in TL). If I can find the stuff from somewhere else, why should I keep the site can't actually make use of?
    Last edited by saimer; 08-03-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Never thought this way before My oldest torrent was from Oct. 2007, and the ratio is only 0.792. Had some torrents from Nov. 2007 and rations are still lower than 0.5. FL and bonus points are the reasons I survive in HDBits.
    Yep I personally think just ratio is bullshit. You can't just get 1:1 ratio on every torrent and some torrents can be huge and some very small. So the best trackers are those with verly low ratio requirements and/or a seed point system. Blackat-Games has the best seed point system ever created. You can download all you want and never worry about ratio just disk space.

Basically as long as you seed the torrent you will get seed points, even if no one is downloading from you and after so many hrs your ratio becomes 1:1 even if you only uploaded 5% of the torrent or nothing at all.

Why other trackers have not implemented this system? well, that beats me!!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast