Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Copyright Infringement letter to Seedbox Host

xxk2xx's Avatar Member
    Wow
    I have a seedbox at Xirvik.com and this is my letter from Xirvik that they received..

Don't seedbox servers run some type of Ip blocking software for there own safety?
    I know nothing is safe but i felt safer running Protowall or PeerGurdian at home..Ha
    And this was just a TV show that's free from there site after it airs with tons of commercials of coarse.
    Makes me wonder about a seedbox. Maybe i should go VPN would that be safer?
    So where do I go from here..Humm

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    what torrent site were you using?

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    which tracker is this?
    Cheap Root Dedicated servers

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I have never heard of a seedbox provider forwarding a infringement letter on before

VPN will only protect your ip address on the conected computer when browsing the internet by giving it one from your seedbox, so won't stop or protect you against this happening

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous101 View Post
    I have never heard of a seedbox provider forwarding a infringement letter on before

VPN will only protect your ip address on the conected computer when browsing the internet by giving it one from your seedbox, so won't stop or protect you against this happening
    +1 and its also has put bad publicity on his company. I mean every company do this, but never do they send infringement letter.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If they don't forward the infringement notice or take other action, they won't qualify for the safe harbor provisions and could be liable for contributory infringement.

I'm very curious about which tracker too...
    Last edited by TrollinThunder; 10-16-2009 at 03:50 PM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    What would Horatio do?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Moksu View Post
    What would Horatio do?
    He woulds put on his sunglasses and quickly run out of the camera view

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by xxk2xx View Post
    I know nothing is safe but i felt safer running Protowall or PeerGurdian at home..
    Well, if you post the notifications you receive in a public forum you shouldn't feel sure. So much for letting the problem go quietly or even denying you never got it.

Really, I can't believe you published this instead of just making a mental note of the tracker.

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous101 View Post
    We do as well as all other providers in their sane mind - not letting an user known that he's being monitored is stupid at best.

Quote Originally Posted by rey View Post
    +1 and its also has put bad publicity on his company. I mean every company do this, but never do they send infringement letter.
    This is not true but even if it was, if you prefer to be with a company that won't forward you ANY NOTICE regarding your activity then Xirvik is definitely not the right place to be.

We get a notice of any kind (including trackers) we let the user know immediately so he can make his own decisions.
    Last edited by xirvflux; 10-16-2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Since you're here, would you mind sharing how many notices you receive each month on average? How many from reputable private trackers?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast