Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: utorrent vs deluge @ windows

kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14

Question Mark

so, i found out that in deluge it's a piece of cake to move torrent content between folders... could be very comfortable when rearranging stuff at pc where i seed a lot of torrents from what.cd, waffles etc...
    in utorrent it's a nightmare to move selected torrents between folders while keeping it seeded, the easiest variant that had come to my mind is to delete it to recycle bin, then restore to a new folder and then rehash... in deluge it's a one-click operation. so.
    what are possible flows of moving to deluge?
    i don't need utp in particular case, all i want is labels, auto torrents adding from directory, folders moving... don't know, maybe smth else will come to mind... utorrent don't alert when auto adding new torrents with same hash, rtorrent does that, not sure if deluge will do. what's your deluge vs utorrent experience if any?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    I'll still go for utorrent as it is older than deluge.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I've never used it, but I have a couple of questions for you: does it support RSS feeds and has a webui ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    zonta's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I've never used it, but I have a couple of questions for you: does it support RSS feeds and has a webui ?

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=deluge+faq
    Last edited by zonta; 10-29-2010 at 01:29 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i dont know abt RSS but certainly has webui, but in anycase i wud stick to utorrent prom my viewpoint its best

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I moved to linux recently, so no utorrent (at least for the time being) for me. I've been using Deluge and it's good and all, I just have problems with my external HDD. First I had to reformat it so I could set permissions on it. Now it works, but it has to recheck all the files that I'm seeding from there each time I reboot my computer. The files from the internal HDD that I'm seeing don't have to be rechecked on reboot, they just start seeding. Maybe there's a trick that I don't know...

As for Wins, stick with utorrent, afaik it isn't that hard to move stuff there.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    I moved to linux recently, so no utorrent (at least for the time being) for me. I've been using Deluge and it's good and all, I just have problems with my external HDD. First I had to reformat it so I could set permissions on it. Now it works, but it has to recheck all the files that I'm seeding from there each time I reboot my computer. The files from the internal HDD that I'm seeing don't have to be rechecked on reboot, they just start seeding. Maybe there's a trick that I don't know...

As for Wins, stick with utorrent, afaik it isn't that hard to move stuff there.
    let's say you have a directory with a thousand of torrents and you need to split it to 20 directories. in utorrent there's no standart procedure for this. the only reasonable way is through recycle bin (and not on win xp with its trashcan limited to 4gb). so it's a pita to reorganise stuff.

2 cabalo - rss is done through some plugin but personally i'm not particularly interested, i have other pc with utorrent to do rss tricks

...i'm not looking for a total switch, there's no need for it, utorrent does his job with leeching stuff, i just don't feel comfortable with this folder moving thing.
    ps huh, even reallocation of stuff within .torrent is realised much better in deluge, in utorrent it's right click/relocate... for every file.. in deluge it can be done right within files tab

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Noone knows when it's gonna exactly happen (maybe in v2.2) but uTorrent developers mentioned that one of the main features they are working on is making an adequate system for moving downloaded stuff. Stay tuned!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Last edited by cinephilia; 10-29-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    it's for moving all shit from some folder to other location, for moving a part of it it's almost useless

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast