Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signal Abusers

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=1331845
    The Stealth Signal That's the single flash, offered only as a lane change is underway. By the time you see the flash (if you don't miss it), you've already been cut off. Frankly, the single blip is kind of an electric finger after the fact.
    The Oops! Signal This is used by the distracted. Those who fiddle, phone, chat or eat while driving and absently looking for an address. The Oops signaler, sighting his objective, hits the brakes, comes to a full stop and then - "Oops! Forgot to signal". Now, instead of being a timely warning, that flashing amber is a testament to the self-centered nature of the clod everyone else is now stuck behind.
    The Dark Signal (a.k.a. the Highway Weaver) He or she never, ever offers a signal - that might tip others off to his or her intended lane changes. The Highway Weaver would rip the signals out of his or her car if possible. The Weaver motto: Never let them know you're passing.
    My Signal Commands You Here, the signal is well used, but only as a last resort; usually as a merge lane comes to an end. Having raced ahead of the through-lane traffic, the Commander (now stuck driving on the shoulder) flips on his or her signal. This driver will duck and bob his or her head, furiously glancing from mirror to mirror - scowling - impatiently waiting for someone to let thim or her in. If you listen hard, you can almost hear them screaming - "I'm signalling, dammit! You have to let me in!"
    The Early Signaller These are the folks that are early for everything, bless them. Trouble is they signal early, too - usually five or six intersections before they intend to turn. They're the ones you have to watch for as you wait to turn left - here they come - their right-turn signal on. "I guess they're turning right" you stupidly think as you begin to creep into your turn - then they whiz right through the intersection. Now that you've had the **** scared out of you, note the look of distain on his face as he sails by. Boy, did you just pull a stupid move, he's thinking.
    Parking Lot Commando They don't even follow the lines! Once off the street, they know it's a free-for-all. In fact, if you use your signals, they'll take that as a sign of weakness and pass you, like the annoyance you are. Be wary of several Commandos converging - they'll eat your Toyota.
    Which one are you?
    I'm the 'parking lot commando'
    I like to think that I'm good with my signal usage.
    All of the above piss me off as I drive for a minimum of 2.5hours per day and see them all at least once... The plus side to that is that it has tought me when to expect it happen so that I keep myself safe and to know what not to do to scare/annoy other people.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    The Dark Signal (a.k.a. the Highway Weaver)

3. Lounge   -   #3
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I'm the guy on the train, signalling the wank gesture to the twats on the other side of the platform.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    The Dark Signal (a.k.a. the Highway Weaver)
    Well that's the least annoying of all of them as long as you're not cutting people off as you do it but still

I thought of another couple that weren't mentioned (This is driving on the right hand side of the road).

The people who don't signal right turns when you're waiting to make a right into the direction they are travelling and they're turning right onto the road you are on. By the time you realize they are turning you aren't able to go because the person behind them (who is going straight) is now too close.

The other is people who don't use their left signal when waiting at a Four-way Stop. If people would learn to use their signals for this then two cars can simultaneously go straight through a busy intesection at the same time. Because of them it is too dangerous and only one car can safely go at a time.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I'm both the The Dark Signaller and The Parking Lot Commando, through and through.

I'm not an aggressive driver but definitely an offensive one.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #6
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I'm both the The Dark Signaller and The Parking Lot Commando, through and through.

I'm not an aggressive driver but definitely an offensive one.
    I can see that. Yep.

-doobs

7. Lounge   -   #7
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    My Signal Commands You. That's kind of me, when I want to get into traffic. The rest of the time, I'm commando all the way.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

8. Lounge   -   #8
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I'm a good driver, that's all.

-bd

9. Lounge   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    My Signal Commands You. That's kind of me, when I want to get into traffic. The rest of the time, I'm commando all the way.
    You slip on your undies just for the merge?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    I'm a good driver, that's all.

-bd
    Ditto.

The rest of ya'll just sound like jackasses.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast