Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: storethe.net takes p2l to a new level

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The new torrent site http://storethe.net has great pretimes and races releases directly from a topsite run by the admins. One of their big selling points, and the reason for their name, is that donors can request a scene release that will be downloaded by a bot from one of several topsites or the topsite archives, then uploaded to the torrent site by one of the two seedboxes. They will also allow requests from rapidshare and any other private torrent sites, where they will do the same thing.

Now, when the site first started, the donation bar indicated they were looking for over 8000E per month, but this was then changed to 80E and now in the second month is at 250E. Basically I think it's all bullshit. Originally the site was hosted from a resold OVH box and a cheap vps for the www, but now they bought their own massive server in some friend's datacenter. Supposedly 215E from the top 20 donor list so far...

The basic system

All Donations include:
    One invite (Never revoked)
    Two IRC Topsite Requests

E5.00 gets you Nothing Extra
    E10.00 gets you 2 more requests
    E20.00 - 4 IRC Topsite Reqs 2 P2P/DDL Reqs

The following donation amounts include 30 Day of 0DAY TOPSITE access via FTP & their IRC!!

E25.00 - 4 IRC Topsite Reqs 2 P2P/DDL Reqs 100GB Transfer
    E50.00 - 6 IRC Topsite Reqs 4 P2P/DDL Reqs 500GB Transfer
    E75.00 - 8 IRC Topsite Reqs 4 P2P/DDL Reqs 1000GB Transfer
    E100.00 - 10 IRC Topsite Reqs 4 P2P/DDL Reqs 1250GB Transfer
    E125.00 - 15 IRC Topsite Reqs 4 P2P/DDL Reqs 1500GB Transfer
    E250.00 - 20 IRC Topsite Reqs 10 P2P/DDL Reqs 6000GB Transfer Archive Axx
    E500.00 - 50 IRC Topsite Reqs 25 P2P/DDL Reqs Unlimited Transer Archive Axx

Update 9/29. The larger donations have been suspended for now, as topsite axx is full

You are wonder, What, huh, come again? A little explanation:
    IRC Topsite Requests, are just that, You make are request in an IRC channel and your release magically shows up as a torrent for you to download.

The P2P/DDL requests are a bit different. Tired of paying for rapidshare, megaupload, topfiles, etc. Just send us the URL for your request, we'll download it and make it available to you.

Archive Axx what's that? Easy breezy. On some of our topsites, we have a small archive of around 40TB of old releases. As a bonus, we include access to those at the higher levels.

Please keep in mind that there are a limited number of "slots" available on any given month. So if 0day, never been stepped on warez from the scene are what you want. Come get some!.

All Topsites are Gigabit, you can reach speeds in excess of 100MB/s
    You get 4 simultaneous logins.

Now to tackle the first part of the question last.

It's up to you. We will never BEG for donations. If a site owner doesn't have the funds to run a site, then he shouldn't have started one. I love how sites say "This site is for you, if you don't donate, it goes away". I say, great, "You never asked me if I wanted a site". So fuck them let them die off a slow miserable death. This site will exist with or without donations. It will only get better as time goes on. It would be nice if the costs of running the site (Seed-boxes, Hosting, Gigabit axx to sites) were covered, but it isn't a big deal if it isn't.

Some new gems.

I had four strange requests, so I've decided to post them here.

Odd Request 1. Is there a way to donate for someone else. Yes. send the payment of any amount you like to [email protected] and tell me who the donation is for. I'll make them a donor.

Odd Request 2. Is there a lifetime membership plan? Well there is now. I have 10, er 9 spots available, they are E250 each. You get lifetime donor status, unlimited irc requests (Scene) and as many p2p/ddl requests as I care to fill. You also get a special userclass all to yourself along with the others (if you choose), and you get voting rights on any new staff member. This is offer is limited to 9 addiional people.

Odd Request 3. Can I donate, but don't want donor status or be listed anyplace. yes. just make the payment to the paypal account email, and then email me, I'll note your account, and modify your settings
    appropriately but no one will know you donated.

Odd Request 4. I can't open my ports, I want to pay to leech and not seed. Yes it's E40/month.

From donate.php

Donate 100.00 EUR

Donate 100.00 EUR and receive:

* 9 weeks Donor-Plus class
    * 9 GB Upload Credits
    * 20 Invite Credits
    * 400 Bonus Points

Donate 50.00 EUR

Donate 50.00 EUR and receive:

* 7 weeks Donor-Plus class
    * 7 GB Upload Credits
    * 15 Invite Credits
    * 350 Bonus Points

Donate 40.00 EUR

Donate 40.00 EUR and receive:

* 5 weeks Donor-Plus class
    * 5 GB Upload Credits
    * 10 Invite Credits
    * 300 Bonus Points

Donate 30.00 EUR

Donate 30.00 EUR and receive:

* 3 weeks Donor-Plus class
    * 3 GB Upload Credits
    * 8 Invite Credits
    * 250 Bonus Points

Donate 20.00 EUR

Donate 20.00 EUR and receive:

* 12 weeks Donor class
    * 12 GB Upload Credits
    * 12 Invite Credits
    * 200 Bonus Points

Donate 10.00 EUR

Donate 10.00 EUR and receive:

* 5 weeks Donor class
    * 5 GB Upload Credits
    * 5 Invite Credits
    * 100 Bonus Points

Donate 5.00 EUR

Donate 5.00 EUR and receive:

* 2 weeks Donor class
    * 2 GB Upload Credits
    * 2 Invite Credits
    * 50 Bonus Points

Default for all donations:

Donate and receive:

* One Invite.
    * No slot restrictions..
    * Hit n Run Immunity
    * Donor star on nick
    * 2 IRC Topsite requests
    Last edited by TrollinThunder; 10-09-2009 at 01:30 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    old

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    E500.00 - 50 IRC Topsite Reqs 25 P2P/DDL Reqs Unlimited Transer Archive Axx

holyshit!
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by antrax34130 View Post
    old
    Yo momma.

Yeah I know it's been around for a bit. I was within the first 100 to sign up. But I don't see any threads about this here at FST so I figured it's still a pertinent discussion. Besides, I wanted to give them some time to settle in to see what was up.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    in sum, one sentence, these people are the real liability to the scene as we know it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Sure beats the hell out of the invite or few gb's that other p2l sites gives you for a donation.

40E a month for leech and no seed is a little stupid though. Usenet is the samething but much cheaper a month.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 10-09-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Grammar

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Sure the beats the hell out of the invite or few gb's that other p2l sites gives you for your donation.

40E a month for leech and no seed is a little stupid though. Usenet is the samething but much cheaper a month.
    with best pretimes evidently..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    lol... STN can keep dreaming.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I used to think the site was pretty decent... the donating didn't seem TOO intrusive and I didn't think it made much of a difference.

I changed my mind when I saw the "lifetime" offer on the front page =/. Seems like they're just baiting people to donate =/.

You want to DL scene without seeding just use usenet... safer and cheaper.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED
    So, this is the kwiki mart off trackers.
    Last edited by Bad-Day; 10-10-2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Its late....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast