Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinkin about new video card

popwar's Avatar Popwar
    i currently have a radeon x1300 256mb ddr pci video card which i bought for 129.99 and i was wondering if i bought this card - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7&body=REVIEWS if it would make a big difference in my games. im guessin it would cuz for one its pci-e x16 gimme some answers or suggestions. im not paying more than 150 for a video card so dont try to tell me to get one thats 30 or 50 dollars more.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Why do you have a PCI card now?

Does your motherboard support PCI Express x16?

Look at some Nvidia cards for more options.

See article here: http://www.techspot.com/article/20-c...nce/page3.html
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 07-12-2007 at 06:07 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    i bought the x1300 when i had my old computer that only had pci but about a month after i got another custom computer and yes it has pci express x16

the graph didnt show the X1600 Pro .. showed the xt . i doubt a 7600gt would beat the x1600 pro in perfomance. especially since the ati card is 512mb ddr2 when nvidia one is only 256 . i know that your just trying to show me the comparisons of the ati / nvidia cards but i where would the x1600 pro be on that graph?
    Last edited by popwar; 07-14-2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar View Post
    i bought the x1300 when i had my old computer that only had pci but about a month after i got another custom computer and yes it has pci express x16

the graph didnt show the X1600 Pro .. showed the xt . i doubt a 7600gt would beat the x1600 pro in perfomance. especially since the ati card is 512mb ddr2 when nvidia one is only 256 . i know that your just trying to show me the comparisons of the ati / nvidia cards but i where would the x1600 pro be on that graph?
    Well just to clear it up, memory size for video cards does NOT represent how well it does when compared to another video card.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    k but the question is. is the geforce 7600GT better than the ati card in the link above?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar View Post
    k but the question is. is the geforce 7600GT better than the ati card in the link above?
    http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    lol. thanks but the card in the link above still isnt on the chart. x1600 pro 512mb ddr2 . but i might get the 7600 gt anyways idk.

i just want a pci-e card that will run most games almost perfect on high settings. i only have a 15 inch monitor so 1024x768 is my higest resolution. on the x1600 reviews in the link says runs oblivion,fear, hl2 and stuff on all high settings almost perfect. the x1300 card i got right now runs css almost flawlessly on high settings. i can run hl2 on high settings pretty decent too.
    Last edited by popwar; 07-14-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Just a suggestion but why not spend the money on a 19 " lcd wide screen monitor ? I saw a nice Acer with DVI for under $200.00 CDN with tax.

I only mention it because of the 15 " you have and I really enjoy CSS or Hl2 on the widescreen I bought last year .

The Asus Ati X1600 pro I bought for a friend seems fine for her gaming needs , I was surprised at the no fan just heat sink and no power cord to the mobo . Is that because of the PCI X16 structure ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-14-2007 at 08:29 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Just a suggestion but why not spend the money on a 19 " lcd wide screen monitor ? I saw a nice Acer with DVI for under $200.00 CDN with tax.

I only mention it because of the 15 " you have and I really enjoy CSS or Hl2 on the widescreen I bought last year .

The Asus Ati X1600 pro I bought for a friend seems fine for her gaming needs , I was surprised at the no fan just heat sink and no power cord to the mobo . Is that because of the PCI X16 structure ?
    They just have better transistors and don't create as much heat as the launch cards. I've seen 7600s that are small in size and only have a heatsink on them.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post

They just have better transistors and don't create as much heat as the launch cards. I've seen 7600s that are small in size and only have a heatsink on them.

You always were the smart one Shiranai_Baka , I was just surprised and my friend did n't wait for me , she just went hell bent for leather and installed it . Me going : Did you install it right , like power and fan wires ? Her : Huh ? I just thought it was funny as looked at the box , its called Silent O db , no shit its silent .... no fan . Hey live and learn . Fluck I hate computers sometimes , a nOob can make you look like such an ass .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-14-2007 at 11:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast