Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ps 3 11/17

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    There are 6 Circuit City stores with midnight launches and one is up the road from me.

They will give vouchers out at 10pm to the first 100 people. The event starts at 8pm.

I already see PS3s on ebay for $1500.

I can't believe the Wii is coming out the same day.

Hmmmm.

$250 for the Wii or double that for the PS3?
    Last edited by Busyman; 11-12-2006 at 01:20 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Games   -   #2
    i was thinking of getting a ps3 but i already have a 360..
    ps3 wont be worth it i think...i think its just to excpensive..

unless sony shows us that its not so gay then i will buy it but untill then no..

oh and by thr way the ps3 comes out nov 17
    Nintendo wii comes out nov 19..lol

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stephend View Post
    i was thinking of getting a ps3 but i already have a 360..
    ps3 wont be worth it i think...i think its just to excpensive..

unless sony shows us that its not so gay then i will buy it but untill then no..

oh and by thr way the ps3 comes out nov 17
    Nintendo wii comes out nov 19..lol
    Oh I'm trying to get at least 3 PS3s for ebay. I'll sell them all.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Oh I'm trying to get at least 3 PS3s for ebay. I'll sell them all.
    make sure u read ebays new policy on the selling of new consoles...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Games   -   #5
    Whats the new Policy?

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean View Post
    Whats the new Policy?
    The policy is only for pre-sale of the PS3.

One could get past this by simply listing the item on 11/17.

1. Only one of each console can be listed per eBay account prior to the launch of the console (PS3 is expected to be available on 11/17/06, Wii on 11/19/06).

2. The seller must only accept payment through PayPal,

3. and have at least 50 feedback with a 98% or greater positive rating so that they qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.

4. The pre-sale item must be listed in the 3, 5, 7 or 10-day formats, and cannot use Buy It Now.

5. The listing must include a photo of your pre-order receipt in the description.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean View Post
    Whats the new Policy?

1. Only one of each console can be listed per eBay account prior to the launch of the console (PS3 is expected to be available on 11/17/06, Wii on 11/19/06).

3. and have at least 50 feedback with a 98% or greater positive rating so that they qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.

4. The pre-sale item must be listed in the 3, 5, 7 or 10-day formats, and cannot use Buy It Now.

5. The listing must include a photo of your pre-order receipt in the description.
    As you may remember from last year, I bought 3 XBox 360's and sold them online for quite a large profit. I'm doing the same this year with the PS3, but it's going to be much harder to obtain them.

I've already got my plan down though, and I'm spending almost all the money I have ($5,000) I've gone around and done the research for which store I'm going to buy from. Since the stores are limiting sales of one PS3 per customer, I'm hiring day laborers to camp out starting on Wednesday for $100 per person per day. On Friday morning, I'm going to the store prior to the opening and giving each "employee" the right amount of money to buy the console. When they exit the store, I'll be out front to exchange the PS3 for their $200. I'll have a friend in another car in case one of them decides to run or something.

Should be a good venture, but it has really been a job doing all the research.

yo

8. Games   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

As you may remember from last year, I bought 3 XBox 360's and sold them online for quite a large profit. I'm doing the same this year with the PS3, but it's going to be much harder to obtain them.

I've already got my plan down though, and I'm spending almost all the money I have ($5,000) I've gone around and done the research for which store I'm going to buy from. Since the stores are limiting sales of one PS3 per customer, I'm hiring day laborers to camp out starting on Wednesday for $100 per person per day. On Friday morning, I'm going to the store prior to the opening and giving each "employee" the right amount of money to buy the console. When they exit the store, I'll be out front to exchange the PS3 for their $200. I'll have a friend in another car in case one of them decides to run or something.

Should be a good venture, but it has really been a job doing all the research.
    How much profit are you planning to make with all that effort?

9. Games   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    As BM said up top, they are already going for $1500 on eBay, and that number will climb after the release when there are none to be had and XMas approaches.

If I buy only the 60GB ones at $599 ($650 after tax), I can buy 7 of them. If I sell all of those for only $1500/piece, I'll profit $9,100.

If I buy the 20GB ones at $499 ($530 after tax), I can buy 9 of them, giving me around $11,000-$12,000.

It's going to be nice though.

yo

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    As BM said up top, they are already going for $1500 on eBay, and that number will climb after the release when there are none to be had and XMas approaches.

If I buy only the 60GB ones at $599 ($650 after tax), I can buy 7 of them. If I sell all of those for only $1500/piece, I'll profit $9,100.

If I buy the 20GB ones at $499 ($530 after tax), I can buy 9 of them, giving me around $11,000-$12,000.

It's going to be nice though.
    Yeah 360 ebay sales went strong almost 2 months after launch.

This weekend should clear out alotta debt, that and I still have 2 years of tax refunds coming.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast