Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: bittorrent vs. fxp scene

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    a few years ago it took a while until scene releases were spread to bittorrent and p2p.

fxp boards got them earlier than bittorrent trackers.

nowadays bittorrent trackers get the stuff seconds or minutes after pre. if you're just an enduser of the releases and not a scanner, haxxor or filler looking for respect and the next stro, i can't see any great advantage of fxp boards anymore.

what do you think? are scene trackers enough for you or would you die for a membership on an fxp board?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    the work that it takes to be part of an fxp board and how frequently their stros get taken down make it not worthwhile for me. Especially with how easy it is to get releases nowadays with bittorrent.
    Last edited by ben99; 02-23-2009 at 04:41 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I am on an fxp board. Its nothing special I like the torrent system much more.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    <^>^<^>
    fxp board ?! , scene trackers is enough for me

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    No, one 0day tracker is more than enough for me.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
    fxp boards got them earlier than bittorrent trackers.
    orly? :d

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    much prefer bt over scene fxp

btw,,interesting thread/topic Polarbear
    Last edited by horiZen; 02-23-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    it's not like you can just leech from the servers in fxp. there's a ratio system as well. to get access a scanner has to scan a certain amount of servers per month, a haxxor needs to hack a minimum of servers, and a filler has the duty to flash warez to the server.

in the fxp scene warez are just distributed but not released. this mass distribution attracts the attention of the copyright owners and law enforcment authorities. their investigations are often directed to the release groups then (one of the reasons why the release scene doesn't really like fxp and hates p2p).

the usage of external ftp servers creates an enormous transfer of data. many institutions pay for their fast severs per transfered data volume. the misusage can result in very high costs. also fxp filler often secure their files very clever aganist deletion. the owner may not be able to clean his own server.

this involves a legal risk. every penetration into a server leaves digital traces, which makes life in the fxp scene a little dangerous.

fxp kids who just follow their thrilling and addicting online hobby can quickly be charged with computer sabotage, change of sensible data and of course copyright violations.

you'll have to take a lot more precautions, wear your tinfoil hat all the time and mask your ip address everytime you surf the net.

if your goal is to become part of the scene, an fxp reputation might be a good start. the release and fxp scene are connected and overlap here and there.

bittorrent is much easier. you're one of millions other p2p users and if you're a member of a good scene tracker you'll probably get the same files at the same time without all the hassle.

of course every fxp fanatic who reads this will tell me to shut the fuck up because i'm just a lame p2p user and not l33t at all.

fact is they leech warez from the release scene exactly like we do. it's just another distribution system. they may get more files, but not faster anymore. too bad.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    http://starbug-one.info/torrents/the...ents-trackers/ found this and have to agree with what it says.

t's not like you can just leech from the servers in fxp. there's a ratio system as well. to get access a scanner has to scan a certain amount of servers per month, a haxxor needs to hack a minimum of servers, and a filler has the duty to flash warez to the server.

in the fxp scene warez are just distributed but not released. this mass distribution attracts the attention of the copyright owners and law enforcment authorities. their investigations are often directed to the release groups then (one of the reasons why the release scene doesn't really like fxp and hates p2p).

the usage of external ftp servers creates an enormous transfer of data. many institutions pay for their fast severs per transfered data volume. the misusage can result in very high costs. also fxp filler often secure their files very clever aganist deletion. the owner may not be able to clean his own server.

this involves a legal risk. every penetration into a server leaves digital traces, which makes life in the fxp scene a little dangerous.

fxp kids who just follow their thrilling and addicting online hobby can quickly be charged with computer sabotage, change of sensible data and of course copyright violations.

you'll have to take a lot more precautions, wear your tinfoil hat all the time and mask your ip address everytime you surf the net.

if your goal is to become part of the scene, an fxp reputation might be a good start. the release and fxp scene are connected and overlap here and there.

bittorrent is much easier. you're one of millions other p2p users and if you're a member of a good scene tracker you'll probably get the same files at the same time without all the hassle.

of course every fxp fanatic who reads this will tell me to shut the fuck up because i'm just a lame p2p user and not l33t at all.

fact is they leech warez from the release scene exactly like we do. it's just another distribution system. they may get more files, but not faster anymore. too bad
    Your attempt at acting like a scene whore has failed. A hax0r (Thats how those eveil haquers spell it) doesn't need to hack servers any more, been a while since the topsites used those. Any system an "institutions" has would be bypassed since they got root! Your info is based on very old info. By the way "computer sabotage" is not an offical charge anywhere. Less of you please.

No they won't tell you to shut the fuck up, they will say shut the fuck up you stupid ass bitch. Because your shit ain't correct.
    Last edited by Gheyness; 02-23-2009 at 02:16 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    it's not like you can just leech from the servers in fxp. there's a ratio system as well. to get access a scanner has to scan a certain amount of servers per month, a haxxor needs to hack a minimum of servers, and a filler has the duty to flash warez to the server.

fact is they leech warez from the release scene exactly like we do. it's just another distribution system. they may get more files, but not faster anymore. too bad.
    its not abt l33tness man, maybe is 4 some kids but after all its abt security N U should now that p2p is secureity whole for fxp sites cuz we spread their material N make em more wanted

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast