Thread: Advice/Question out of Frustration :)

Shinigami's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I just got a random question/advice. How come people do not learn how to make a screenshot of their torrent tracker including ratio and date in a giveaway. Some just put the speedtest in their sign, others put their ratio's in their sign, still others do both. Who says you didn't just steal the picture from someone else? Therefore the DATE is IMPORTANT.

1. Show your ratio + a bit of upload / download
    2. Show the DATE the screenshot is made (30-01-2008, today)

THE DATE people. The DATE

ps. So don't make a picture of all your ratio's and upload it somewhere and say 'here are all my ratio's'.

AARGH:

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    The 1st will not work, as for security reasons.
    The second is more practical.
    The best way is to get a screen with nick and every particulars through PM if you mean to trade with someone. For other reasons, i don't think the screen in their sig is necessary and i wonder if it serves any purpose. If you have a concern the best way is to stop using the status in your sig and show it only to the person who invites you or post temporarily on the forum.
    Last edited by greymatter; 01-30-2008 at 02:04 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by greymatter View Post
    The 1st will not work, as for security reasons.
    The second is more practical.
    If you upload 375.35GB then just show 37??? so security reasons, no.
    The second being more practical? That is no answer to the question..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Look at my edit. If its mandatory according to the board rules to use ss with today's date, i call it a solution. But why? If you want to be safe and sure, only trade or giveaway after checking the authenticity of the screen. Why should the board ask people to use up[dated ss when its more of your need. You can simply ask for one.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    svr's Avatar Ultimata Warrior BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Date can be forged too so best thing would be to see direct profile links but then you need to have those sites too. I guess you're out of luck. Just use your judgement.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    will do, thank you for your replies topic closed