Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIMS 2 (PC) wont work on vista

i downloaded the sims 2 'money' dvd, i installe dthe game and crack fine on xp, i tried to install it the same way on my girls vista laptop and it still is lloking for the disc to be inserted even though i have copied over the crack to the game folder.

any ideas how i can get this game to work with vista

2. Games   -   #2
    Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Tried "Run as Administrator"?

Sharing the love

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alco23 View Post
    Tried "Run as Administrator"?
    no i have not tried that, is that set using the right click and properties? or is there another way to set this for running the game?

cheers

4. Games   -   #4
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I've had sims2 running on Vista without any major problems, it was a little slow on Vista so I reverted back to XP which made a hugh difference, again this was just because I only had 2gig of ram on the system so in Vista + Running Sims 2 well computer nearly died lol. Anyway it should run no problem aslong as you have a half decent system.
    Rent this space

5. Games   -   #5
    mestari's Avatar Witchmaster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Money release is working fine on my Vista Ultimate..! Did you try that tip running it as Administrator?

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mestari View Post
    Money release is working fine on my Vista Ultimate..! Did you try that tip running it as Administrator?
    yes i tried last night, right clicked on the shortcut and run as administrator, still came up with insert correct dvd. what did you need to do to get it to run?

7. Games   -   #7
    I assume you mean you stuck the crack (fixed sims2.exe) here..

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin (this being the correct location)and not here..
    C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2

Same With Vista or XP it must go into the TSBIN Folder.

Maybe installing a few expansions and using thier fixed exe's might do the job and don't forget the patch, I assume you did run the patch after installing the base game, if not then that could explain why the fixed exe ain't working too?
    Last edited by Beenieman; 08-28-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: edit and spelling
    Rent this space

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenieman View Post
    I assume you mean you stuck the crack (fixed sims2.exe) here..

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin (this being the correct location)and not here..
    C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2

Same With Vista or XP it must go into the TSBIN Folder.

Maybe installing a few expansions and using thier fixed exe's might do the job and don't forget the patch, I assume you did run the patch after installing the base game, if not then that could explain why the fixed exe ain't working too?
    yes i have it in the correct folder, i usually right click the icon and properties then find target and this opens up the correct directory.

i was unable to install the update as it says the sims2 disc is not in the drive, i have just realised this may be because the dvdrom is not named sims2 i have managed to call the disc name 'new' so i think thats why it aint installing the patch or running the game.

dooh how did i miss that, i will need to try tomorrow and see if this is the reason it aint working

thanks to all for your help

9. Games   -   #9
    Sounds like you have just burned the image onto a disc as data, or downloaded a version of the game which has been extracted from the image.

10. Games   -   #10
    I read somehwhere that if you apply the patch in safe mode that will get around the wrong cd message assuming you have a no-cd mounted though.
    Rent this space

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast