Thread: Who are these people?

kaftan's Avatar Poster
    Just read a post by niGGor expousing the joy that is furthering your own cause at other peoples expense. Put simply, he was explaining what an excellent idea fake ratio generating software is. What the fuck? Apart from the joy that is sticking it to the 'Man', I thought that one of the fundamental principles on which any p2p network operates is that of mutual respect and co-operation, it's called sharing for a reason, no?

I do often feel compelled to tell people what time it is but I did compose the following for Mr niGGor:

"And if everyone does it, then what dickhead?
    It's attitudes like your's, applied on a much larger scale and thus more pernicious, that have landed this planet in the fucked up position it is now.

It's all about me, me, me."

Unfortunately the thread was cut so I couldn't get the message to through. Hence, I thought I just put it out there and see that I am not alone.

Born to lose, live to win. Say what you think, do what you say (Che Geuvara)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    LOL. Grow up.

If a p2p network can't maintain it's self it deserves to die so that a better protocol can be developed. If there is a venerability people will take advantage of it. I believe that is just human nature. Sure it'll piss people off that feel they have a vested interest in it, but that's life when you face reality.

Standing up on a box bitching about it solves nothing.
    Last edited by Broken; 11-23-2007 at 04:51 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    thegman24's Avatar 100% American BadA$$ BT Rep: +2

Urgent

____What the fuck? Apart from the joy that is sticking it to the 'Man', I thought that one of the fundamental principles on which any p2p network operates is that of mutual respect and co-operation, it's called sharing for a reason, no?_______ Kaftans Words

Jeez, you must live a rarefied air. P2p was created for people to illegally steal files.... I am not condoning it, but I at least I admit that I do it. The RIAA rips off the musicans, the MPAA rips off the consumers, and the private sites exclude the masses. Sharing my ass!

It is an imitation of our wired world, we are a greedy, greedy, greedy race caught up in a media frenzy. We want it all and we want it now. And I think p2p users and bittorrent users, know deep down that we are stealing, and we dont give a shit....

Just like life...

TheGMan24
    Last edited by thegman24; 11-25-2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Word Usage

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    kaftan's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    LOL. Grow up.

If a p2p network can't maintain it's self it deserves to die so that a better protocol can be developed. If there is a venerability people will take advantage of it. I believe that is just human nature. Sure it'll piss people off that feel they have a vested interest in it, but that's life when you face reality.

Standing up on a box bitching about it solves nothing.
    I take your either niGGOr's mate or feel the need to justify your own actions with flagrant hypocrisy. Oh, and assuming you mean vulnerability not 'venerability', unless you're referring to the standards of others that you can never aspire to; hence, why you just denegrate those who can and do.

I may need to grow up (I freely admit that I retain too much idealism) but you need to wake up.

[quote=thegman24;2438946]
    Quote Originally Posted by kaftan View Post
    What the fuck? Apart from the joy that is sticking it to the 'Man', I thought that one of the fundamental principles on which any p2p network operates is that of mutual respect and co-operation, it's called sharing for a reason, no?

Jeez, you must live a rarefied air. P2p was created for people to illegally steal files.... I am not condoning it, but I at least I admit that I do it. The RIAA rips off the musicans, the MPAA rips off the consumers, and the private sites exclude the masses. Sharing my ass!

It is an imitation of our wired world, we are a greedy, greedy, greedy race caught up in a media frenzy. We want it all and we want it now. And I think p2p users and bittorrent users, know deep down that we are stealing, and we dont give a shit....

Just like life...

TheGMan24
    I take it you're like the only other person to have commented, your niGGor's mate or need to justify your own greed on the basis of the your perception of others. You may be the majority but I also know that I am not alone.
    Last edited by kaftan; 11-24-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Born to lose, live to win. Say what you think, do what you say (Che Geuvara)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kaftan View Post
    I take your either niGGOr's mate or feel the need to justify your own actions with flagrant hypocrisy. Oh, and assuming you mean vulnerability not 'venerability', unless you're referring to the standards of others that you can never aspire to; hence, why you just denegrate those who can and do.

I may need to grow up (I freely admit that I retain too much idealism) but you need to wake up.
    Well, thank you grammar Nazi for correcting my English. Although from your correction I can see it was perfectly clear what I meant.

I have no need to justify my actions. Once you get out of the BT section there is no mass hysteria about , "OMG! OMG! He's a Leech!" GOD save us!". I really do think it's funny myself. It's like a auto response over there, no thought involved. Believe it or not this place was originally the K-lite forum. A hacked program that allowed people to cheat on ratios on Kazaa (back in the day, lol). I was, and many of the older members here, using it for all it was worth.

I haven't uploaded a single byte in longer than I can remember, but what I use now doesn't require it. This week alone I've downloaded about 200GBs, at speeds faster than my connection is even rated for. I can't even tell you how much I could download in a week if I really wanted to. There a things out there A LOT better than BT. I really do feel 100%, if the protocol can not maintain it's self in the face of leeches it should die and be replaced. Because the cold, hard, reality is that it will be exploited. Considering all the other options right now; private FTP, Usenet, IRC, and even Rapidshare I am surprised at the popularity of BT.

So,
    If you want to preach the quire it's over in the BT section, I'm sure you'll get a big "Amen!". Here, it's just good for a laugh.

BTW,
    Did you mean denigrate instead of denegrate?
    Last edited by Broken; 11-24-2007 at 07:03 PM.