Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the market for a new mp3 player, any suggestions?

]Ok,
    so heres my story,
    after i made the stupid purchace of an ipod nano in march,
    its been nothing but hell,
    but in september,
    the screen broke,
    i was like oh shit,
    and then i was saved when i found out that screen damages is covered under ipod warranty,
    so i take it in to have it replaced,
    but,
    no, apple decides that they cannot replace it because there is this small tiny dent that has been there for like 8 months, at the bottom of the ipod,
    not affecting performance at all!
    so they were like "we understand that the lcd breakage is an ipod nano factory problem, and apple SHOULD recall the affected nanos, we have had thousands of nano complaints about the screen, and re understand that there is a design flaw so we replace all nanos with screen issues no questions asked, but you have this small dent at the bottom so we cannot replace this unit, but we will be glad to give you 10% off a new one for trade for your old one!" and they acted as if they were doing me a favor.....the dent itself was from a skin tight case that had a buckle type thing on it and when you pressed the button thing down to fasten it, the ipod dented.
    well maybe if APPLE would have had cases out sooner than 3 months after the nano was released, that wouldnt have happened would it.

IS IT JUST ME, OR IS THAT BULL?!?!?!?!?!

So anyway,
    Im officiall mp3 player single,
    and i need a new one,
    i would prefer no less than 2gb,
    and i would be willing to spend at most $175.
    Ive been thinking about this http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...20-2GB&cat=MP3

i would just spend the $12 and get an sd/mmc one, and spend the what like $50 on a 2gb card,
    but i dont want 500 songs on an mp3 player and have to go through each song once to get to the song i want if you know what i mean,
    i need to be able to browse the library and select a song.

Other than that,
    i dont care if i can view pictures and radio and all that crap,
    just the basic,
    mp3.....
    and after having to baby an ipod for 6 months, (literally, eggs are more durable) something durable would be nice.

and please tell me if my ipod situation is complete bull or am i just crazy.

Tanner.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    iPods are like, the market leaders, so they are patently the best thing since sliced bread.

To purchase anything else would be mental.

You must have just been unlucky with your first one. Get another iPod, and stop whining.

EDIT: Oh, and when you say "view pictures and radio", we call that "television"

3. Lounge   -   #3
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    iPods are like, the market leaders, so they are patently the best thing since sliced bread.

You must have just been unlucky with your first one. Get another iPod, and stop whining.

Fuck the iPod. Go for a Creative.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

4. Lounge   -   #4

5. Lounge   -   #5
    mrblue247
    The Sansa series is a great alternative to the Ipod. There is the E250, E260, etc, I played around with em and found that they work great for music, video and streaming through Rhapsody..

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/01/s...a-e260-review/

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    the "you can go five minutes without listening to music, its not going to kill you" series is a great alternative to the Ipod. There is the E250, E260, etc, I played around with em and found that they work great for music, video and streaming through Rhapsody..

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/01/s...a-e260-review/

7. Lounge   -   #7

when i heard that, i kind of puked in my mouth a little......

and i wouldnt consider it bad luck,
    the customer support sucked (((69 minutes on hold!!))
    And i had to wait THREE HOURS for a genius appointment,
    on a monday night!
    anyway it was shit,
    eggs are more durable than an ipod.
    and im beginning to get sick of itunes.

and when i said "view pictures and radio", i knew what i was saying,
    viewing pictures means, being able to view pictures (ya know, like jpeg),
    and radio means to have a radio in an mp3 player, like you know, am/fm...............not television.

Tanner.

Anyway,

What about RCA???????are they good??

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Basquiat's Avatar DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

what a cocksucking tool...did he help you at all?

9. Lounge   -   #9

Welcome to a sense of humour, fagtards.

EDIT: Just in case there's any confusion, I hate iPods, they suck monkey-bawls and then some.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 11-01-2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Clarity

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Always buy the 100$ 3 year extended replacement plan when buying mp3 players because something WILL break before then.

These plans cover headphones too..which you will probally break atleast 3 times in the time you own one.

Their like 50$ to replace too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast