Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Synchronicity

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ...Sigh...because you all ganged up on me in that Oink thread, I have decided to take revenge, and give you a subject, Synchronicity, to discuss. That might just shake the very foundations upon which your beliefs are..erm, were anchored..

Basically what is meant by synchronicity is coincidence. Perhaps this should be expanded upon... meaningful coincidence. An example being, a friend you normally never see rings you on the phone, just as you had been thinking about him/her... Perhaps the readers could add a few illustrations of their own experiences...

We shall be covering questions like "What evidence is there for Synchronicity? "

What are archetypes?

Mythology.

Any starters?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think it would be hard to prove. The human brain works on electrical impulses, could it be possible, by a quirk of nature, that you end up on the same wavelength as someone else? It would explain multiple personalities.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Thanks bigboab for the kick-off, ..erm wait! Would you be referring to me

perhaps we can add, the relationship between cause and effect to the growing list in my first post... Anyway, back to your post, it might explain yours, maybe you could try asking one of them, for his(?) opinion

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Try out your theory. The next time you are on a bus concentrate on the back of someones head and see if they eventually turn round or adjust their collar. Don't overdo it or someone will be adjusting your collar.

I know every time I look at the rear end of a young lady walking down the street, they adjust their clothing. Then again that could be because they know that a dirty old man is following them.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Try out your theory. The next time you are on a bus concentrate on the back of someones head and see if they eventually turn round or adjust their collar. Don't overdo it or someone will be adjusting your collar.

I know every time I look at the rear end of a young lady walking down the street, they adjust their clothing. Then again that could be because they know that a dirty old man is following them.
    We only notice the coincidences - the other 99.9% of our thoughts just fade into the ether .....

or is that too prosaic?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    At first glance, it would appear as if you have been developing your Siddhis(powers); achieved through long periods of intense meditation. However, could there be a universal source, permeated with archetypes, that can be "tapped"on beneficially through applied meditation?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    We only notice the coincidences - the other 99.9% of our thoughts just fade into the ether .....

or is that too prosaic?
    The coincidence..I was going to suggest Absinthe or Ether. Regarding bigboab's post, I have heard of this power before, I heard it from a Tibetan Lama ( no less) Just over the border from Strasbourg, Wursburg in Germany. This particular day, was a day full of coincidences, I will return to some of them later. These powers bigboab mentioned do exist and were demonstrated very convincingly during an initiation ceremony, of the Tibetan Buddhist centre itself, that purely by coincidence I visited, that October day in 1988.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 03-16-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

or is that too prosaic?
    Have you been on the tiles again?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

or is that too prosaic?
    Where the heart is full ..I think Biggles means Prozac

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I think you are referring to Morphic Resonance defined by Rupert Sheldrake.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

Where the heart is full ..I think Biggles means Prozac
    Prozac might be the answer for the prosaic although I prefer to face the monotony like a man (or mouse .... mouse is good )
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast