Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will BitMeTV account get disabled?

nemrac's Avatar Getting my feet wet BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Will an existing BitMeTV account get deleted or disabled if the IP address changes and if so, is there a way to avoid this?

To give the scenario, my friend does not need his account any more. He got a warning letter from his ISP for doing some 'questionable things' and wants out of torrents completely. He said i can have his account.

what do you say?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Sekai's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    My friend gave me his BmTV account a couple of months ago and my account didn't get banned. The annoying thing is that he had invited a cheater like 6 months ago so his invites had been disabled, and he didn't tell me. So now I'm stuck with an account with disabled invites, and I don't dare try to ask a friend for a new invite there considering that they might have already logged my IP with that account, and if I make a new account they might ban both of them.

But the point is that you probably won't be banned.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekai View Post
    My friend gave me his BmTV account a couple of months ago and my account didn't get banned. The annoying thing is that he had invited a cheater like 6 months ago so his invites had been disabled, and he didn't tell me. So now I'm stuck with an account with disabled invites, and I don't dare try to ask a friend for a new invite there considering that they might have already logged my IP with that account, and if I make a new account they might ban both of them.

But the point is that you probably won't be banned.
    You would have turned down the account if you had known the invites had been disabled?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrac View Post
    Will an existing BitMeTV account get deleted or disabled if the IP address changes and if so, is there a way to avoid this?

To give the scenario, my friend does not need his account any more. He got a warning letter from his ISP for doing some 'questionable things' and wants out of torrents completely. He said i can have his account.

what do you say?
    accounts are for your personal use. one account in a lifetime per person.

those are the rules.

bitmetv doesn't care if you friend trades the account or gives it to you for free. they don't care wether his computer exploded or he has a new girlfriend or problems with his isp.

your scenario doesn't play a role.

it's against their rules that an account changes hands. if the ip range changes, it will most likely be disabled.

tell your "friend" to delete his account and look out for an invite.

you are not stupid. you will find one.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I don't understand why he is quitting the torrent world only because of a warning... Besides, bitmetv being very hard to get, should be quite secure.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Is should not get disabled in they are using the passkey method, instead of ips. Not 100% sure though.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    he should get out of TPB instead

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    nemrac's Avatar Getting my feet wet BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    he should get out of TPB instead
    TPB?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    the pirate bay.. public tracker..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrac View Post
    He got a warning letter from his ISP for doing some 'questionable things' and wants out of torrents completely.
    what country is in question?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast