Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fastest OS for home PC

n00b BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Idon't wont vista but what would be the best os with lots of tweeks i found this 1 http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9972/c1ba6.png windows [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]crystal[/COLOR][/COLOR] xp V3 2008 this is the one i use and personally think its the best by far so enjoy this fine upload....................

Features1-All latest hotfixes integrated till this moment2-More speed while browsing [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]internet[/COLOR][/COLOR] and network computers3-New programs has been added with the latest versions4-More useful registry tweaks5-Faster connection speed has been unlocked6-Annoying [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]windows [COLOR=blue ! important]error [/COLOR][COLOR=blue ! important]message[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] has been disabled7-windows file protection has been disabled8-New [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]beautiful[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    background wallpapers9-New style [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]icons[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    and themes10-Transparent [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]glass[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    aero11-New [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]boot[/COLOR][/COLOR] screen and logon screenand much moreWindows Crystal XP V3--------------------------------------------------------------------------Only install this edition of Windows onto a freshly formatted partitionFirst of all there is {no languages or drivers has been removed...................No key needed just burn to disc and enjoy

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if you don't plan on gaming, i highly recommend Windows Server 2003 R2, with a few extremely easy tweaks, it will look like XP, but blazing fast.

i can provide you with a link to make it a workstation (takes 10 mins), and trust me, it's the safest and fastest windows ever, without a single unnecessary process running.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 11-30-2008 at 06:58 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I like any of the Black XP disks . Look at H33T for some good options . They may have Windows Server 2003 R2 as well , 32 OR 64 versions abound there like a candy store .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    n00b BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Server 2003 R2 would be compatible with my Q6600 and Asus PK5 mother booard rest is WD Raptor with corsair ram and nividia geforce 7900

Any Idea where are can download servere 2003 R2 most updated
    Last edited by 2slick4u; 11-30-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    This is nonsense.

You ask about the "fastest" OS, then post a hacked version that's bloated with wallpapers/skins and dubious reg "tweaks".

You can make a very lightweight/fast OS yourself with nLite- strip out all the legacy drivers and slipstream just the ones you need, gut ALL the language/keyboard/theme support and only install the hotfixes that directly apply to your machine.

You'd end up with an install that's somewhere around 500MB (not including page file) and runs perfectly.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i assumed he was saying fastest = less resource hungry windows version.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Xp is the best

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    iM32's Avatar n00b
    XP. I have vista only because XP can't take more than 3.2 GB ram

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Popov's Avatar n00b
    XP game edition. just the things that you really needs. You can't even install msn messenger.. Really quick and good

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    #Palestinian#'s Avatar Assistant.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Popov View Post
    XP game edition. just the things that you really needs. You can't even install msn messenger.. Really quick and good

What a windows is that ??? are u playing all the time ??? or u have multiple windows ??

some screen for the windows will be great and tell us how long it takes from u to start windows ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast