Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ScT Invites

Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Ok so I've had my ScT account with a healthy buffer & great ratio for nearly a year now and have now pretty much given up on ever getting an invite handed out to me.

So I can donate and receive some invites which is all well and good so armed with my debit card I click the link to donate some euro's and get my invites so I can sign up 1 of my mates who has been nipping my head for ages.

Alas they don't accept payment with debit or credit card only Paypal ffs now I don't do paypal because I don't trust it one of my other real life mates got ripped off through it and never seen their money again and even if I did it would take a few days to setup then about 7 days to transfer the money from my debit card to the new paypal account which is just rubbish

I think basically I have two options set up a paypal account which I really don't want to do or find someone I can trust with an existing account I can maybe use.

Can anyone else think of any other solutions to this problem ???

Baby On The Way OMFG !

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Just use your credit card as your source of primary funds in your paypal account, there is no waiting for funds to be transfered and cleared as you would have to do with a debit card.
    Last edited by sheriff 01; 01-04-2009 at 01:55 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    afaik all deals went smooth with sct tho paypal. all who paid for invites got it. dunno what should i write here else

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post
    Just use your credit card as your source of primary funds in your paypal account, there is no waiting for funds to be transfered and cleared as you would have to do with a debit card.
    K I don't have a paypal account setup cause I don't trust it and I only have a debit card no credit card, was kinda hoping I could find someone with an existing account I could trust as a go between

Quote Originally Posted by CaptanAmerica View Post
    afaik all deals went smooth with sct tho paypal. all who paid for invites got it. dunno what should i write here else
    It wasn't through ScT my friend got ripped off it was for something else altogether
    Last edited by Ghostbusters; 01-04-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Baby On The Way OMFG !

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    What method will you use to reimburse this third party if they choose to help you?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    What method will you use to reimburse this third party if they choose to help you?
    Debit card payment onto their paypal account I suppose would be most convienient

Baby On The Way OMFG !

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Just make a new CC and use Paypal.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Maybe I'm not making myself clear I've not got a credit card account or a paypal account only a debit card

Baby On The Way OMFG !

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Maybe I'm not making myself clear I've not got a credit card account or a paypal account only a debit card
    That's why I said make one. I made a new CC specifically for Paypal. Go to the bank and sign up, it took me like 10 minutes plus it's free.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post
    Debit card payment onto their paypal account I suppose would be most convienient
    wouldnt you need a paypal account with your debit card attached to it to do that though? paypal isnt gonna steal your money, they look into all claims and handle them very professionally. if its a visa or mastercard debit card then you can add it to your account and there will be no wait, then you can get the invite and delete your paypal account if you're really that concerned.
    Last edited by interwebz; 01-04-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast